Author Topic: Illinois governor urges Biden to address "untenable" migrant situation  (Read 272 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois governor urges Biden to address "untenable" migrant situation
Rebecca Falconer

Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker (D) in a letter to President Biden on Monday said "the federal government's lack of intervention and coordination" over migrants at the border "has created an untenable situation" for the state.

Driving the news: Pritzker wrote that governors and mayors from border states had in the past 13 months transported 15,000 people to Illinois "like cargo in a dehumanizing attempt to score political points."

"Unfortunately, the welcome and aid Illinois has been providing to these asylum seekers has not been matched with support by the federal government," the governor said.
"We ask that the White House and the Administration continue to look for ways to 'cut the red tape' and speed up the work authorization process by all means necessary, including instituting a mass blanket fee waiver."

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/03/illinois-governor-jb-pritzker-biden-migrants-letter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Illinois governor urges Biden to address "untenable" migrant situation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 05:01:39 pm »
Another democrat "sanctuary" down the drain!! :th_10444:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Illinois governor urges Biden to address "untenable" migrant situation
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 05:03:28 pm »
Joe has his feet in the fire in too many places ... his attention now should be on securing this country, ramping up military production and oil production.  He won't though.  He'll just shuffle away and hide in his basement.  The world is in shambles.

Let's Go Brandon! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.