Author Topic: Katy Perry Accused of 'Exploiting the Elderly' After Coming for 84-Year-Old Bedridden Veteran in Bat  (Read 393 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Katy Perry Accused of 'Exploiting the Elderly' After Coming for 84-Year-Old Bedridden Veteran in Battle Over $15 Million Mansion
Story by Whitney Vasquez •
2w

Katy Perry has been accused of "exploiting the elderly" in her war against a bedridden veteran over his $15 million "dream home" in Santa Barbara.

Days after claiming 84-year-old Carl Westcott owed her a combined $5.3 million in damages, the Fireworks singer changed her tune — a move sources close to Westcott's family tell RadarOnline.com was the right one.

© Radar Online
As this outlet exclusively reported, Perry accused the ailing 1-800-Flowers founder — who has Huntington's Disease — of owing her $2.6 million, saying she was forced to rent out a nearby property for $75k per month after buying Westcott's sprawling mansion. The megastar — whose net worth is estimated at $330 million — also shamelessly included the cable bill from the rental in her filing.

Interestingly enough, as we pointed out, Perry said under oath she owned three properties in the Santa Barbara area, leaving many to wonder why she would spend money on a rental and expect Westcott to pay for damages.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/katy-perry-accused-of-exploiting-the-elderly-after-coming-for-84-year-old-bedridden-veteran-in-battle-over-15-million-mansion/ar-AA1h1yEU
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Moved to Entertainment