Author Topic: Smugglers charging migrants up to $14,000, human rights activist says  (Read 311 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Smugglers charging migrants up to $14,000, human rights activist says
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Oct 5, 2023 / 01:35 PM CDT

Updated: Oct 5, 2023 / 03:45 PM CDT

Advocate warns that one's nationality and situation can determine how much more they pay

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) β€” Human smugglers, or coyotes, have reportedly hiked their fees to get migrants illegally into the U.S.

Victor Clark, with the Binational Commission for Human Rights in Tijuana, says fees now range anywhere from $12,000 to $14,000.

β€œIn the 90s, the coyotes were charging just $100 to get people across the border in the Tijuana-San Ysidro area, and $250 for a ride up to Los Angeles.”

Clark also stated prices vary depending on the type of migrant, nationality and the area along the border that will be crossed.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/smugglers-charging-migrants-up-to-14000-human-rights-activist-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Smugglers charging migrants up to $14,000, human rights activist says
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 02:39:48 pm »
Where do these "poor" and "destitute" "unauthorized" aliens get that kind of money? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Smugglers charging migrants up to $14,000, human rights activist says
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 10:31:55 pm »
Where do these "poor" and "destitute" "unauthorized" aliens get that kind of money? :shrug:

@rangerrebew

Same question I was going to ask.

I suspect we will mostly get silence on this one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!