Author Topic: Mayor Adams wraps up Latin America trip with call for ‘right to work’ for migrants in US  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Mayor Adams wraps up Latin America trip with call for ‘right to work’ for migrants in US

by ASTRID SUAREZ Associated Press and MANUEL RUEDA Associated Press
October 8, 2023

NECOCLI, Colombia (AP) — Mayor Eric Adams capped off a four-day trip to Latin America on Saturday by calling for a “right to work” for migrants in the United States.

He spoke during a visit to Necocli, the northern Colombia town where thousands of migrants start the perilous trek across the roadless Darien jungle into Panama, as they head for the U.S.

Speaking from a dock where migrants take boats toward the jungle, Adams said countries in the region need to “come together” to find solutions to the immigration crisis being felt across the Americas as well as in cities in the United States, including New York.

He called on the U.S goverment to find pathways for migrants and asylum seekers to work legally in the United States.

https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2023/10/08/mayor-adams-wraps-up-latin-america-trip-with-call-for-right-to-work-for-migrants-in-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Anywhere but NYC, right, Mr. Mayor? :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
David Dinkins II.

(On second thought, even Dinkins wasn't this stupid.)