Author Topic: Unauthorized immigrants may now apply for Minnesota driver's licenses without proof of legal residen  (Read 351 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unauthorized immigrants may now apply for Minnesota driver's licenses without proof of legal residency
The Driver's License for All law took effect Oct. 1. 
By Alfonzo Galvan and Hibah Ansari, Sahan Journal OCTOBER 8, 2023 — 7:00AM

Keren Muñoz waited seven years to get a driver's license in Minnesota, admitting that like other unauthorized immigrants, she had been driving "a la buena de Dios" — at God's will — in the meantime.

The 27-year-old from Mexico was among two dozen people who took a written driver's test last Sunday in Eagan as part of a soft launch for the Driver's License For All law, according to Comunidades Organizando el Poder y Acción Latina (Communities Organizing Latino Power and Action) or COPAL, a Latino advocacy group. Muñoz was one of two in the group who passed the written knowledge exam.

"I feel very happy," Muñoz said. "I am excited to know the magnitude of this. We did it the first day the law was approved."

https://www.startribune.com/unauthorized-immigrants-may-apply-for-minnesota-drivers-licenses-without-proof-of-legal-residency/600310671/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AAAH!  So, it isn't illegal immigrants now, its "UNAUTHORIZED" immigrants.

Anyway, can American citizens apply for a license without proof of residency? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comin' up:
A lot more migrant car crashes in Minnesota...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Damnit. Just have to watch for out of state plates.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis