Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson plans to visit southern border as 22 more migrant buses arrive  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson plans to visit southern border as 22 more migrant buses arrive
By Natalie Martinez and NBC Chicago Staff • Published October 4, 2023 • Updated on October 4, 2023 at 10:22 pm

As tensions rose during a community meeting in South Shore, Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson announced Wednesday that he plans to visit the southern border as 22 more migrant buses arrived, NBC Chicago’s Natalie Martinez reports.

Tensions over Chicago's migrant crisis continue to rise following a City Council meeting, as 22 more buses of asylum-seeking migrants arrived in the city on Wednesday.

As city officials continue to clash on where to house the continually rising number of migrant arrivals, a community meeting in the city's South Shore neighborhood took the tone of several others across Chicago neighborhoods in recent weeks.

Two members of the South Shore community group that held the meeting took their displeasure with the situation a step further, filing an amended lawsuit against the city.

The suit alleges inhumane conditions for the housing of migrants in shelters and police stations, while demanding the use of public schools and park buildings for migrant housing stops.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-mayor-brandon-johnson-plans-to-visit-southern-border-as-22-more-migrant-buses-arrive/3243090/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm just guessing, but I'll bet he doesn't invite more illegals to his sanctuary city. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson