Author Topic: 3 Million People Were ‘Encountered’ At Border Illegally Entering U.S. from Mexico  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

3 Million People Were ‘Encountered’ At Border Illegally Entering U.S. from Mexico
Story by Simon Hankinson •
22h

Math was never my favorite subject, so it’s easy to imagine Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas as its teacher. As the person in charge of border enforcement, he has been working with some big numbers since he came into office. The man-made crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border is so staggering that it’s easy to be overwhelmed, and so, for this week’s column, I’d like to highlight and explain some specific numbers. 

3 million people, more or less, were “encountered” by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which includes the Border Patrol, illegally entering the U.S. in fiscal year 2023 (which ended Sept. 30). On Mayorkas’ watch, we have set the record for the highest number of yearly illegal alien encounters in U.S. history. If those caught in 2023 formed a new city, it would the third biggest in America, behind only New York and Los Angeles.

304,000 illegal aliens were encountered this August alone (the last month for which we have official government numbers). That’s the population of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3-million-people-were-encountered-at-border-illegally-entering-u-s-from-mexico/ar-AA1hQcto?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9a7697b137a84a819c73136adbf5c694&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson