Author Topic: Biden administration begins to deport illegal immigrants back to Venezuela  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration begins to deport illegal immigrants back to Venezuela
Published 14 seconds ago on October 6, 2023
By Sara Carter

Venezuelans who “do not establish a legal basis to remain” in the U.S. will be shipped back, a senior Biden official announced Thursday. In an attempt to curb the horrific border crisis, the Biden administration is beginning to take at least some action.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas spoke at a news conference Thursday in Mexico City stating Venezuela has agreed to receive migrants “who do not take advantage of the lawful pathways and instead arrive irregularly at our southern border and do not qualify for relief.”

The quick change of policy comes after just one month ago, when in an attempt to accommodate and assimilate some of the many thousands of Venezuelan newcomers, the Biden administration announced it would grant temporary legal status (TPS) to nearly half-a-million Venezuelans who had arrived in the U.S. by the end of July, allowing them to live and work in the country without fear of deportation.

https://saraacarter.com/biden-administration-begins-to-deport-illegal-immigrants-back-to-venezuela/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are they being given return plane tickets?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson