Author Topic: Duke Field to get military’s first electric aircraft charging station  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Duke Field to get military’s first electric aircraft charging station
By Stephen Losey
 Oct 5, 11:58 AM

WASHINGTON — The Air Force has begun building its first station to recharge electric aircraft, marking its latest step in experimenting with non-fuel burning helicopters.

The service broke ground on the charging station at Duke Field in Florida Sept. 19, the Air Force Research Laboratory said in a statement, and it will be the first electric aircraft charging station on a military installation. AFWERX, the service’s unit that focuses on innovation, and Burlington, Vermont-based electric aerospace firm Beta Technologies are building it.

Beta Technologies is one of more than a dozen companies with contracts through the Air Force’s Agility Prime program, a three-year-old effort that aims to accelerate industry’s work on creating and fielding electric vertical-takeoff-and-landing aircraft.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/10/05/duke-field-to-get-militarys-first-electric-aircraft-charging-station/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Duke Field to get military’s first electric aircraft charging station
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 05:20:13 pm »
The AF is just trying to keep up with China and Russia in the development of electric aircraft, right? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson