Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Future Command’s Rainey Eyes the Army of 2040  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Future Command’s Rainey Eyes the Army of 2040
« on: October 07, 2023, 04:31:24 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Future Command’s Rainey Eyes the Army of 2040
10/6/2023
By Stew Magnuson   

For Army Futures Command’s leader Gen. James Rainey, the Army of 2040 is just around the corner.

“Sometimes when I say 2040, people’s eyes glaze over, but to be clear, what I mean is a fully transformed Army in 2040 means you need to be fully fielding by about 2035 at least,” he told National Defense.

The Army is starting work on its 2029 budget prognostications now, he noted. Production decisions and prototyping for new programs should be underway by 2030. The Army doesn’t have 17 years to figure out what it needs, it’s more like a couple years, he said.

“We’ve got about 18-to-24 months to make some big moves — what’s going to change? What’s not going to change? So, I have a sense of urgency about 2040,” he said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/10/6/exclusive-future-commands-rainey-eyes-the-army-of-2040
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson