Author Topic: The Navy and Diversity  (Read 165 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy and Diversity
« on: October 07, 2023, 04:29:00 pm »
The Navy and Diversity
By Brent Ramsey
October 07, 2023

In recent years, the Navy has put a lot of emphasis on “Diversity”.   If you visit the Navy’s recruiting website, www.navy.com, on the first page it has an entry, “Who we are”.  When you access that page, it contains three entries:

Women in the Navy:  With a picture of five women sailors at sea.

Diversity and Equity:  With a picture of a black female sailor in the foreground.

Reserve:  With a picture of a black male sailor looking out over the sea.

Under “THE NAVY'S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & EQUITY” it says, “Why are diversity and equity important to the Navy?”, followed by this statement: “We believe that leveraging our diversity is the key to reaching the Navy’s peak potential, both as a workplace and as a defense force. We also believe that when leaders tap into the energy and capability of an actively inclusive team, we achieve top performance. We know that different perspectives shine light into our blind spots, illuminating what we wouldn’t otherwise see.”  No evidence is provided proving diversity has any connection with warfighting success.  The statement is one of wishful thinking.  The fact is there is a dearth of evidence that diversity has anything to do with warfighting effectiveness and lethality.  If readers know of such evidence, I would love to hear about it.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/10/07/the_navy_and_diversity_984557.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson