Author Topic: Denver sends fliers to the border telling asylum seekers to stay away  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver sends fliers to the border telling asylum seekers to stay away
©Denver Post via Getty Images

Denver's liberal government has asked officials at border towns to distribute fliers telling asylum seekers to stay away from the Colorado capital after 21,000 new migrants arrived this year. Like various liberal cities like Chicago and NYC, the Mile High city has been struggling with migrants being bused north by conservative governors trying to make a point about what they say are open-border Democratic policies. The city currently has about 2,510 migrants staying in temporary shelters and has spent about $26 million on the crisis. Matthew Mueller, the executive director for the Office of Emergency Management, has asked officials in Brownsville, El Paso, Houston, and Dallas to let migrants know Denver 'can no longer provide the same level of sheltering resources to newly arriving persons.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/denver-sends-fliers-to-the-border-telling-asylum-seekers-to-stay-away/ss-AA1hNXMY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ee304d59ad3b4a959b61cd7c1d5b534d&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Denver sends fliers to the border telling asylum seekers to stay away
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 02:00:33 pm »
No real surprise,there.

Denver is full of "Limo Liberals" that fled Ca due to the  crime and high taxes they voted for. Colorado is a mostly rural state,and is pretty  much controlled by Denver/Aspen/Vail "Limousine Liberals",and they figured they could move there,pay less taxes,take over control politically via cash donations,and "rule like Kings".

They pretty much got away with it from the 70's to maybe the 90's (I moved away in the late 70's),with the exception of one newspaper (The Rocky Mountain News) that I THINK is no  longer printing. They specialized in highlighting the hypocrisy of the "Leftist Lords" that ran Denver by doing this like printing the news that the leftist anti-gun mayor of Denver at that time had gotten drunk at an exclusive leftist social club for the wealthy (had a name that linked it to sports,maybe "The Denver Athletic Club"?),and pulled a concealed handgun on another millionaire in the bar there one night,and threatened to shoot him.

BTW,IIRC,the gun was a 9mm semi-auto,and at that time ONLY the Denver Police were allowed to carry auto-loading pistols. "Regular people" were restricted to 6 shot 38 Special revolvers.

It was reported the Mayor was allowed to pay a small fine and no mention was made of him losing his CCW permit or having his semi-auto seized and melted down for scrap.

I LOVED reading the Rocky Mountain News.

BTW,I was working as a security guard and bodyguard at the time,and had a CCW that allowed me to carry a 38 revolver only,and had gotten stuck with pulling security duty  at the Denver Athletic Club a couple of times. Biggest pack of arrogant assholes I have ever met in my life. After the second time,I told me boss if he sent me there again I would quit.

I did "dodge one bullet",though. Redd Foxx came to Denver on a comedy tour,and at first the company  had me down  for being his bodyguard. Then they realized what a cosmic butthole Foxx was,and pulled me from that assignment and my boss and his assistant took the job themselves. One of them told me later that the first words out of that butthole's mouth was "Those are my bags,boy. Pick them up and follow me!"

Seems like that idiot didn't realize that bodyguards needed to keep their hands free.

Foxx hated white  people. Truth to tell,I'm not real sure he liked anybody,including himself.

BTW,to give you an idea about the Denver Police Dept at that time,I walked to the liquor store on the corner one Saturday night to buy some whisky. Had been there a bunch of times,and was friendly with the Mexican owner (I lived in a Mexican neighborhood at that time) and his wife. When I walked in the there was a guy standing with his back to me,facing the counter. The owner's wife screamed "He's got  a gun!" just as I got up to them,I didn't have time to  pull mine,so when he spun  around,I just knocked him out.

When he was down I searched him for the gun and other weapons,and he had neither. Turns out he was just a drunk bum,winter was coming on in Denver,and he wanted to be arrested so he didn't freeze or starve to death in the winter.

Soooo,I told the owners wife to call the cops,and just sat on the counter next to the guy and told him to remain on the floor when he started to get up. Thinking about my previous experiences with the DPD,I took my  44 Bulldog out of my pocket and handed it to the owners wife and asked her to hold it for me and tell the cops it was hers if they found it and she was asked.

Took the DPD over a half-hour to show up,and then it was several squad cars,an ambulance,and a DPD Swat Team.

The head cop strutted in and asked what happened. I told him,and he got mad and told me he was temped to arrest me for "interfering in police business" by stopping the robbery attempt. He did this,of course,after leaning me against a wall and searching me for weapons.

I didn't get arrested or charged with anything,and even got a bonus by being the very first person in my family to be given a charge account at a liquor store by the store owner,who now almost seemed to consider me as being family. All my cousins were green with envy  when I phoned home and told them this. NO chance of this happening for them  because all the liquor stores in my home state were owned and operated BY the state.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 02:15:02 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Denver sends fliers to the border telling asylum seekers to stay away
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 10:11:43 pm »
Order more buses.
The ride to Denver isn't as far as Chicago or New York...