Author Topic: SEC sues Elon Musk over CEO’s refusal to testify in Twitter investigation  (Read 632 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News  October 06, 2023 Evan Rosen - New York Daily News

Elon Musk is being sued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in an attempt to compel the CEO to testify regarding his 2022 purchase of Twitter, the social media site now known as X.

Musk was previously subpoenaed but failed to appear in court for a testimony on Sept. 15, according to a complaint filed by SEC attorneys in the Northern District of California on Thursday, NBC News reported.

“Musk’s ongoing refusal to comply with the SEC’s administrative subpoena is hindering and delaying the SEC staff’s investigation to determine whether violations of the federal securities laws have occurred,” attorneys stated in the complaint. “Accordingly, the SEC now asks the Court to compel Musk to appear for investigative testimony.”

“The SEC has already taken Mr. Musk’s testimony multiple times in this misguided investigation — enough is enough,” he wrote.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/10/sec-sues-elon-musk-over-ceos-refusal-to-testify-in-twitter-investigation/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Won't let the next launch proceed...

Using the SEC to harass him...

Must have really pissed them off not using 'X' to censor in their favor?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“Musk’s ongoing refusal to comply with the SEC’s administrative subpoena is hindering and delaying the SEC staff’s investigation to determine whether violations of the federal securities laws have occurred,” attorneys stated in the complaint. “Accordingly, the SEC now asks the Court to compel Musk to appear for investigative testimony.”

Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but shouldn't there be proof of guilt BEFORE someone is subpoenaed and forced to give testimony?

Is DC now a re-incarnation of 1930's Berlin or Moscow?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!