Author Topic: Suffolk County PBA endorsing a GOP county executive candidate for first time in two decades  (Read 426 times)

Offline Kamaji

Suffolk County PBA endorsing a GOP county executive candidate for first time in two decades

By Craig McCarthy and Patrick Reilly
Published Oct. 5, 2023

The Suffolk County Police Benevolent Association is endorsing Ed Romaine for county executive — marking the first time in 20 years the union has backed a Republican for the position.

Suffolk County law enforcement officials will be holding a rally and endorsement ceremony for Romaine at PBA headquarters in Brentwood on Friday morning, according to PBA President Noel DiGerolamo.

“This is a huge boost to my campaign,” Romaine told The Post on Thursday.

“I have the endorsement of all law enforcement because of my support for law enforcement and my commitment to keeping the county safe,” he said.

He will face off against Democrat David Calone, a former federal prosecutor and businessman who has never held elected office.

Romaine, a former teacher, has served as Brookhaven Town Supervisor for the past 11 years. He additionally served as Suffolk County Clerk for 16 years and as a Suffolk County legislator for 11 years.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/05/suffolk-county-pba-endorsing-republican-ed-romaine-for-county-executive/