Author Topic: What you need to know about the Navy’s new leadership course requirement  (Read 303 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What you need to know about the Navy’s new leadership course requirement
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Oct 6, 10:26 AM

Starting in 2025, sailors won’t be able to rank up to the E-6 and E-7 paygrades without attending the courses. (MC1 Natalia Murillo/Navy)

The year 2025 may be 15 months away, but the Navy is directing commands now to ensure that personnel attend leadership development programs so that they can be eligible for advancement that year.

Enlisted leader development, or ELD, programs educate sailors on ethics, decision-making and character development, and were first stood up in 2019. But starting in 2025, sailors won’t be able to rank up to the E-6 and E-7 paygrades without attending the courses.

“ELD completion will be a prerequisite to take the Navy-wide advancement exam for E-6 and E-7,” a Navy administrative message released Tuesday states.

Advancing to E-8 will require course attendance starting in fiscal year 2026, according to the Navy. E-4 courses are available but are not yet a requirement to be eligible for advancement, according to the message.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/10/06/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-navys-new-leadership-course-requirement/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they are teaching CRT and demeaning America at the academies, they will have to do the same in these courses. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No wonder they aren't meeting their enlistment goals.

The job of the navy is to show force, and , if necessary, use it as effectively as possible (break things and kill enemies).

Anything that detracts from that mission, anything that lessens combat effectiveness and readiness is dross that should go over the side.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis