Author Topic: Earth hit by ‘dead star’ blast so powerful scientists don’t understand it  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Kamaji

Earth hit by ‘dead star’ blast so powerful scientists don’t understand it

By Ben Cost
Published Oct. 6, 2023

Star bright is an understatement.

A dead star known as the Vela pulsar redefined hit Earth with a blast of energy so powerful that scientists are at a loss to explain it, according to a new study detailing the cosmic fireworks display published in the journal Nature Astronomy.

“This discovery was so unexpected … that it somehow was difficult to understand,” said Arache Djannati-Atai, an astrophysicist with the Astroparticle & Cosmology laboratory in Paris, which helmed the illuminating research, in a statement.

Meanwhile, the phenomenon was also detected by the High Energy Stereoscopic System array in Namibia.

This is the most high-energy burst of its kind ever recorded and scientists are currently unable to explain how a pulsar could emit such intense energy. This led researcher to determine the discovery challenges existing knowledge of pulsars — and requires a rethinking of how these natural accelerators work.

For the uninitiated, the interstellar light show was caused by a pulsar, a type of neutron star which consists of the rotating remnants of a dead star that has exploded into a supernova. These stars literally go out with a bang — one that is not known to be dangerous to humankind, according to NASA.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/06/earth-hit-by-record-breaking-blast-from-death-star/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Doesn't matter if they don't understand it - all they have to do is reach a consensus and that will be the facts. Holy robes and funny hats optional.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Will that "dead star" blast have any effect on Global Climate Change?  Or, are those scientists still blaming bovine flatulence for Global Climate Change?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
////00000////

Will that "dead star" blast have any effect on Global Climate Change?  Or, are those scientists still blaming bovine flatulence for Global Climate Change?

I've seen articles that show that gamma rays I believe have a tremendous impact on cloud levels and precipition.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Gamma Rays ould be more deadly than Comet of Doom.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

More of a Sweet Meteor of Death guy myself, but COD is acceptable.  :cool:
The Republic is lost.