Author Topic: Russian pilots chill in Mideast skies after Pentagon’s name-and-shame effort  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russian pilots chill in Mideast skies after Pentagon’s name-and-shame effort
Air Force three-star says U.S. moves in the region have also deterred Iran and ISIS.
AUDREY DECKER | OCTOBER 4, 2023
AIR FORCE MIDDLE EAST RUSSIA

Russian planes aren’t provoking U.S. fighter jets over Syria anymore—marking a departure from hostility seen earlier this year, the region’s top U.S. Air Force official said.

“We did see, after we publicized some of their more egregious behavior, that that behavior [was] modified,” said Lt. Gen. Alexus Grynkewich, who leads Air Forces Central Command.

The general told Defense One in April that Russian warplanes were trying to dogfight American fighter jets. After more incidents of aggression, including the harassment of MQ-9 drones, the Air Force sent F-22s in July to the Middle East.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/10/russian-pilots-chill-mideast-skies-after-pentagons-name-and-shame-effort/390928/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson