Author Topic: We Are Witnessing One of the Greatest Financial Market Crashes in History Right Now  (Read 324 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

History is starting to repeat itself.  In 2008, bond prices crashed before stock prices did.  Here in 2023, bond prices are crashing again.  In fact, we are currently witnessing one of the greatest financial crashes in U.S. history at this moment.  Of course most Americans have absolutely no idea that this is happening.  Most Americans don’t know anything about the bond crash that is causing a tremendous amount of fear in the financial community right now, and that is because the big news networks aren’t talking about it too much.  But it is serious.  Since the peak of the market, 10 year bonds are down 46 percent and 30 year bonds are down 53 percent…

Losses on longer-dated Treasuries are beginning to rival some of the most notorious market meltdowns in US history.

Bonds maturing in 10 years or more have slumped 46% since peaking in March 2020, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That’s just shy of the 49% plunge in US stocks in the aftermath of the dot-com bust at the turn of the century. The rout in 30-year bonds has been even worse, tumbling 53%, nearing the 57% slump in equities during the depths of the financial crisis.

We haven’t seen anything like this in many years.

As bond yields go up, bond prices go down.

And the last time the yield on 10 year bonds rose to this level was “just before the 2008 financial crisis”…

https://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/we-are-witnessing-one-of-the-greatest-financial-market-crashes-in-history-right-now/
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Earlier this year, banks were collapsing because 30 year Treasury Bonds became toxic balance sheet assets.

Why would anyone hold a 30 year bond for 3% when they could get 5% for short term certificates of deposit?

Keep an eye on insurance companies, also.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.