Author Topic: USN Gets DCO | DoS Approved FMS To Oman | Saab Presented Polish AEW Aircraft  (Read 181 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USN Gets DCO | DoS Approved FMS To Oman | Saab Presented Polish AEW Aircraft
Oct 05, 2023 05:00 UTC by Defense Industry Daily staff

Americas
General Dynamics won a $967.2 million modification external link for lead yard support and development studies and design efforts related to Virginia Class submarines. Work will be performed in Groton, Connecticut; McLeansville, North Carolina; Newport News, Virginia; and Newport and Quonset, Rhode Island, and is expected to be completed by October 2024.

The US Navy has launched external link a sector that will address the fleet’s growing need for field-ready technology. Secretary of the Navy Carlos Del Toro announced  the creation of the Disruptive Capabilities Office (DCO) during the 100th Anniversary Ceremony of the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington. The DCO is one of three US Navy initiatives that seek to bolster efforts in the field of military innovation.

Middle East and Africa
The US State Department has given the green light external link to a potential foreign military sale of 48 Raytheon medium-range precision strike standoff systems to Oman’s Royal Air Force. This agreement, valued at approximately $385 million, also includes the delivery of air training missiles, free flight vehicles, environmental determination test vehicles, and containers. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) asserts that this proposed sale will bolster the foreign policy and national security of the United States by enhancing the security of Oman, a key ally in the Middle East. The sale is intended to bolster Oman’s defense capabilities amidst regional security threats.

Europe

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/usn-gets-dco-dos-approved-fms-to-oman-saab-presented-polish-aew-aircraft-048402/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson