Author Topic: Could Kevin McCarthy's Ouster Be a Tipping Point?  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Could Kevin McCarthy's Ouster Be a Tipping Point?
« on: October 06, 2023, 02:39:31 pm »
October 6, 2023
Could Kevin McCarthy's Ouster Be a Tipping Point?
By Allan J. Feifer

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s ouster is a symptom of a much broader malaise.

Given Republicans’ inability to save our country through legitimate means, i.e., working through the system, will this firing be enough?

I hope my readers believe in the moral application of the Rule of Law as I do. But will this ouster work, or have we come to a point where the political state has exceeded that marker?

I will make the case that the America of bygone years is gone and not likely to return except through divine intervention or extra-legal actions. So what is to be done? Why have we allowed this to happen despite how much we have lost and will continue to lose if we play the same zero-sum game?

America has been on the precipice for a long time. Freedom today depends as much on how much money one has as on the God-given rights we were told we all possessed. Inflation has ripped the bandage off for most of us, who now realize how close to losing our freedoms we are. Freedom is inexorably tied to our personal and property rights. When our money is destroyed by inflation, we do not feel free.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/10/could_kevin_mccarthys_ouster_be_a_tipping_point.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Could Kevin McCarthy's Ouster Be a Tipping Point?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 03:14:24 pm »
... only if the House GOP seizes the opportunity.

They need a leadership structure that delivers accomplishments, not committee hearings that resembel the Jerry Springer show.

The House GOP needs to prove they are capable of being adults who can get things done.

Don't worry about what may or may not pass the Senate - that's what the Reconciliation Process is for.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright