Author Topic: New Air Force SiAW F-35-Fired Missile Will Change Ground Attack Tactics  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Air Force SiAW F-35-Fired Missile Will Change Ground Attack Tactics
The SiAW will first fire from the F-35A as an air-to-ground weapon likely to be capable of paradigm-changing stand-off ranges,

KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONOCT 4, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Attack enemy targets behind or on the side of an aircraft, thwart “jamming” attempts on weapons guidance systems, change course in-flight, reach new ranges, achieve breakthrough guidance precision and potentially even “collaborate” or share data with other weapons in flight … are just a few operational possibilities for the Air Force’s new air-fired Stand-In-Attack-Weapon (SiAW).

The new weapon, now in prototype form, will first fire from the F-35A as an air-to-ground weapon likely to be capable of paradigm-changing stand-off ranges, maneuverability and in-course flight adjustments. The Air Force has just finalized a $700 million deal with Northrop Grumman to further prototype, test and develop the weapon for initial integration on an F-35.

The weapon is slated to arrive in 2026.

https://warriormaven.com/air/new-air-force-siaw-f-35-fired-missile-will-change-ground-attack-tactics
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson