Author Topic: All Engines Stop, Rudder Amidships  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All Engines Stop, Rudder Amidships
« on: October 06, 2023, 02:18:16 pm »
All Engines Stop, Rudder Amidships
By Tom Klocek
October 06, 2023

One of my Calvert Group (CalvertGroup69.org) colleagues quoted Fleet Admiral King as saying, “The mark of a great shiphandler is never getting into situations that require great shiphandling.” During my years as a destroyer sailor, I was considered a better than average shiphandler. One of the important things I learned was that there is a time in any shiphandling situation when the best command to give is, “All engines stop, rudder amidships.” This can sometimes prevent a bad situation from getting worse, allowing one time to better assess the situation, before getting into extremis. The importance of good shiphandling is manifest especially when in close proximity to other ships, when attempting to recover a boat or man overboard, when close to land or restricted maneuvering situations (such as mooring, narrow channels, etc.), or in heavy weather (storms).

Our country today is in a storm and very close to extremis. The woke and progressive policies pursued with gusto over the last two and a half years have not only diminished our economic strength but now threaten to destroy our military as well. This administration is so intent on virtue signaling its diversity credentials that it almost appears as if it has looked to hire or appoint the least meritorious personnel that check the right diversity blocks in the job application.

The current press secretary (female, black, lesbian in a gay marriage) has a great knack for exacerbating the situation with her inability to give straight answers, speak clearly, show understanding of critical issues, or even correctly refer to members of her own party. The vice president, who was specifically chosen for being a black woman has acquired a reputation as a cackling fool enamored with yellow school buses, with zero accomplishments to her name. Another diversity choice for the Supreme Court, again chosen for being a black woman, could not define a woman because she did not have a biology degree. I hope she recuses herself for any cases that involve that science (including abortion cases). And, consider this, an overtly extreme left organization which specializes in hate (a hate group in itself) by calling conservative groups “hate groups” and considers parental rights groups as hate organizations is advising the FBI. Families, which by definition include parents who teach and raise their children, are the basis of society and should be supported rather than excoriated.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/10/06/all_engines_stop_rudder_amidships_984219.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson