Author Topic: Gaetz blasts Biden impeachment as part of 'forever war' Republicans can't win  (Read 761 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz blasts Biden impeachment as part of 'forever war' Republicans can't win
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter
October 06, 2023 08:29 AM

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) reportedly criticized the House's impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden as not something he believed was "legitimate."

Gaetz said he believes the effort is like a "forever war" and will "end in a bloody draw" at a fundraiser on Zoom last week, according to NBC News. The fundraiser with Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-MT) and moderated by podcaster Steve Bannon was held days before Gaetz led an effort to oust Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) from the speakership.

"I don't believe that we are endeavoring upon a legitimate impeachment of Joe Biden," Gaetz said.

"They're trying to engage in a, like, 'forever war' of impeachment. And like many of our forever wars, it will drag on forever and end in a bloody draw," he continued.

The Florida Republican led the eight Republicans and full Democratic House caucus in voting to fire McCarthy on Tuesday in a historic 216-210 vote. Gaetz claimed the reason for the motion to vacate was that McCarthy allegedly made a secret deal on Ukraine funding, but McCarthy said he believed it was personal.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/gaetz-blasts-biden-impeachment-forever-war-republicans-cant-win
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He's... right.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pass a damn budget already.  Save the drama for soap operas and reality TV shows.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He's not wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's not opposed to impeachment - He actually demanded in September that McCarthy start an impeachment probe of Biden.  He's just mad (or pretending to be mad) that it isn't more aggressive.

• Technical
He's not opposed to impeachment - He actually demanded in September that McCarthy start an impeachment probe of Biden.  He's just mad (or pretending to be mad) that it isn't more aggressive.

House impeaches, Senate acquits, Biden gets to claim he beat the charges. Nothing changes. Pointless IMO.

Offline Kamaji

House impeaches, Senate acquits, Biden gets to claim he beat the charges. Nothing changes. Pointless IMO.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I agree completely. I was just pointing out that that is not Gaetz's point at all. He wants impeachment to proceed, and just doesn't believe that the current effort is "serious" - which is pretty funny on its own given that Jim Jordan is the head of the judiciary Committee.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's not and never was about impeachment. It's about pulling out all the dirt on JoePedo and squeezing the Rats hard to see if this is the guy they want to run with for another round as his cognizance circles the drain.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It's not and never was about impeachment. It's about pulling out all the dirt on JoePedo and squeezing the Rats hard to see if this is the guy they want to run with for another round as his cognizance circles the drain.

Then aren't we helping them out?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Then aren't we helping them out?

We've already damaged him greatly just in the normal committee hearings, I see no reason not to keep going.
The Republic is lost.

• Technical

Yeah but if the GOP pulls all this dirt on him, and he's "exonerated" by a Senate acquittal, isn't that sort of a backfire for GOP? Cause they he can say he had a trial and was acquitted.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Yeah but if the GOP pulls all this dirt on him, and he's "exonerated" by a Senate acquittal, isn't that sort of a backfire for GOP? Cause they he can say he had a trial and was acquitted.

The Senate may and probably will, but if it's all drug out and he's down 15 points in the polls, they're either gonna make a move or he's the millstone around their necks.

And if he's what the voters want, then at least we know where things stand and that we're never going to move the needle from here forth.

We don't have a lot of cards to play at this point. The only way he'll be beat is by a huge margin to overcome the cheating, and the Reps are going to have to heavily damage him to do it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

We've already damaged him greatly just in the normal committee hearings, I see no reason not to keep going.

What I'm saying is...is it really in our interests to damage him so badly that they are forced to replace him?    He's a very weak candidate at this point, and certain to get worse over the course of the next year.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 06:46:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
What I'm saying is...is it really in our interests to damage him so badly that they are forced to replace him?    He's a very weak candidate at this point, and certain to get worse over the course of the next year.

Because Kamashamalamadingdong is as bad or worse. They are in a rock and a hard place, because if they 25th him and make her a candidate, welcome to the Rat civil war.

They'll be inclined to pucker and keep him out of fear. Keep putting on that pressure and accelerate the decline. He's got 13 months before election day.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't want him to be replaced with a better candidate, and I don't think Harris does that automatically unless it happens very late.   If it gets bad enough now, they'll be able to have an actual primary, and some much more dangerous candidates will enter the race.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 12:09:03 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He's... right.
Yep. It's a diversion from not doing anything, and it will not get through the Senate anyway. Not the Hill to die on.

Besides, Hell awaits that clan in the hereafter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan fulminates:
"It's not and never was about impeachment. It's about pulling out all the dirt on JoePedo and squeezing the Rats hard to see if this is the guy they want to run with for another round as his cognizance circles the drain."

Go through the motions, have the public investigations, get the evidence out.

Then... let it go at that.
No House vote.
No Senate trial.

That will inflict damage without the blowback of an acquittal in The Senate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Vulcan fulminates:
"It's not and never was about impeachment. It's about pulling out all the dirt on JoePedo and squeezing the Rats hard to see if this is the guy they want to run with for another round as his cognizance circles the drain."

Go through the motions, have the public investigations, get the evidence out.

Then... let it go at that.
No House vote.
No Senate trial.

That will inflict damage without the blowback of an acquittal in The Senate.

Yep. You're smellin' what I'm steppin' in.  :cool:
The Republic is lost.