Author Topic: Chicago youth football team to protest after city's plan to house migrants threatens to displace pro  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago youth football team to protest after city's plan to house migrants threatens to displace program
Story by Paulina Dedaj •
1h

Residents and a Chicago official have spoken out against city plans to convert a local field house into a shelter for migrants, a move that they claim threatens to displace a youth football team.

Chicago alderman Chris Taliaferro released a statement Monday confirming that he received notice the previous week that the city intended to use the Amundsen Park field house to house roughly 200 migrants.

"On Friday, September 29, 2023, I was informed by Deputy Chief of Staff Cristina Pacione-Zayas that a decision had been made to utilize Amundsen Park, 6200 W. Bloomingdale Ave., to house approximately 200 migrants. I immediately informed Deputy Pacione-Zayas that I strongly opposed the proposal and that this would adversely impact the neighborhood and park programming," Taliaferro’s statement read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-youth-football-team-to-protest-after-city-s-plan-to-house-migrants-threatens-to-displace-program/ar-AA1hMuH9?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9c6f9728c9a8477bb036f624218ffacb&ei=95
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegals messing with football is not wise! :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson