Author Topic: Army-Navy football game reservations canceled at hotels to make room for immigrants  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army-Navy football game reservations canceled at hotels to make room for immigrants
© Provided by Washington Examiner

Hotels in Massachusetts continue to cancel reservations for the Army-Navy football game to accommodate the influx of unhoused immigrants in the state, leaving many hopeful attendees suddenly without a place to stay when they travel for the game.

Mark Mansbach, a real estate agent from New Jersey, told CBS News Boston that at least 70 of his reservations were canceled in Foxborough, where the Army-Navy game is being held. The cancellations are legal under Massachusetts's right-to-shelter law, which has allowed hundreds of families to be put up in hotels — most of them immigrants.

Mansbach said Giri Hotel Management, whose hotels booked many of his clients' reservations, told him it had to cancel the football game reservations to continue the migrant housing lease with the state.

"I have never had a hotel take rooms back and give me nothing. They sent out cancellations and walked away," Mansbach said. "Some [clients] have decided not to go, and others found space in Boston. Some I have been able to put into other hotels that I had space left in."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/army-navy-football-game-reservations-canceled-at-hotels-to-make-room-for-immigrants/ar-AA1hKsKt?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9c6f9728c9a8477bb036f624218ffacb&ei=68
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal immigration intruding on football may be more than Americans are willing to tolerate! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson