Author Topic: Americans’ Support For Arming Ukraine Dries Up As War Drags On: POLL  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

by: Mary Lou Masters 10.05.2023 Source: The Daily Caller News Foundation

Support for arming Ukraine in its fight against Russian aggression has dropped among Americans across the political spectrum, according to a Thursday poll.

Only 41% of Americans believe the federal government “should provide weapons to Ukraine,” a five-point decrease since May, according to a Reuters/Ipsos survey. Though some respondents were unsure, 35% of Americans disagreed with the notion that the U.S. should be sending weapons to Ukraine.

“The declining support is having a negative effect on congressional support, and eventually, prospects for additional aid packages,” Elizabeth Hoffman, director of congressional and government affairs at the Center for Strategic & International Studies, told Reuters.

Support among Democrats for providing weapons to Ukraine has dropped from 61% to 52%, according to the survey. Among Republicans, support fell from 39% to 35%.

more
https://dcenquirer.com/americans-support-for-arming-ukraine-dries-up-as-war-drags-on-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Americans’ Support For Arming Ukraine Dries Up As War Drags On: POLL
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 10:33:10 pm »
What the American people think means a big fat nothing.  The military industrial complex will be fed, which means support to Ukraine will continue.  Congress never knew a war they did not like spending money on in the last 82 years.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 02:15:40 am »
Attention spans are short in this country and have been for a long time. It doesn't help that Zelensky has turned the war effort into "send more money or else."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 04:24:07 am »
Because the whole thing gives off the smell of a giant slush fund, and cover for whatever dirty dealings the Bidens were doing there, not to mention the blackmail angle.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 06:52:06 am »
War 1 - Ukraine

War 2 - Israel

War 3 - ?????

Exactly how many wars can the USA fund?  Are you ready for your taxes to double to pay for all this sh*t?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 10:15:31 am »
This was easily predictable

And especially in light of Americans watching their own standard of living decline under Biden
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy