Author Topic: Joe Biden pledged 'not another foot' of border wall. Now he's building it by Byron York  (Read 291 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden pledged 'not another foot' of border wall. Now he's building it
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent
October 05, 2023 10:08 AM

JOE BIDEN PLEDGED 'NOT ANOTHER FOOT' OF BORDER WALL. NOW HE'S BUILDING IT. It's rare for what is known in the federal bureaucracy as a "notice of determination" to make news. But this week, the Department of Homeland Security issued what might be called a quiet bombshell with such a notice. "The Secretary of Homeland Security has determined," it announced, "that it is necessary to waive certain laws, regulations, and other legal requirements in order to ensure the expeditious construction of barriers and roads in the vicinity of the international land border in Starr County Texas."

The short version of that is: President Joe Biden is going to build more of former President Donald Trump's border wall. It is a complete reversal of Biden's campaign promises in 2020. It is also, after three disastrous years of mass border incursions by illegal crossers, a step down from the moral high horse Biden has ridden on this for three years.

Go back to 2020. In August of that year, running against Trump, Biden vowed: "There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration. I'm going to make sure that we have border protection, but it's going to be based on making sure that we use high-tech capacity to deal with it. And at the ports of entry — that's where all the bad stuff is happening."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/joe-biden-pledged-not-another-foot-of-border-wall-now-hes-building-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lying dog-faced pony soldier.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Figurehead-in-Chief got the new policy change from the Shadow President just this morning.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As anyone who has ever built a fence knows, you fix one hole, whatever you wanted to keep in or out will find another, if it exists (or even make one).

The border will not be secured until the Government wants to keep US IN.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As anyone who has ever built a fence knows, you fix one hole, whatever you wanted to keep in or out will find another, if it exists (or even make one).

The border will not be secured until the Government wants to keep US IN.

That may be the reason for the sudden change, because it seems very fishy at this point.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Joe wants more money.  He no longer has his GOP collaborator-in-chief as House Speaker.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

When pols feel the heat they might see the light. Governors Abbott and DeSantis lit the Blue-City blast furnaces ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'll believe it when I see it.