Author Topic: Chicken prices hit record highs under Biden administration as US inflation keep beef, pork out of re  (Read 712 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 October 5, 2023 9:10am EDT
Chicken prices hit record highs under Biden administration as US inflation keep beef, pork out of reach
US consumption of chicken is expected to exceed 100 pounds per person this year for the first time ever

By Lawrence Richard FOXBusiness

Chicken prices at grocery stores across the country have hit record highs, and prices are expected to remain high as inflation-weary shoppers have opted to buy chicken over still-pricier beef and pork alternatives.

Tyson Foods and other companies have also dialed back poultry production, further driving up prices. The higher chicken prices should improve earnings at top producers Tyson and Pilgrim's Pride ahead of the holiday season.

U.S. consumption of chicken is expected to exceed 100 pounds per person this year for the first time ever, data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture shows.

On the other side of the protein profits, beef consumption is forecast to drop to its lowest since 2018, amid dwindling cattle supplies. Pork consumption is at its lowest since 2015.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/chicken-prices-hit-record-highs-biden-administration-us-inflation-keep-beef-pork-reach
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

As the stories continue to mount, Biden is going to have an even tougher time selling his rosy picture of the economy to an already highly skeptical public
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

Biden lies.  Grocery and energy bills don't.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Biden and the democrats all suck.

Online libertybele

Meat prices have skyrocketed.  I buy extra of what's on sale and freeze it.

I haven't seen any turkeys yet, but I imagine the price for turkeys this Thanksgiving is going to be ridiculous.  I've already bought pumpkin puree and canned whole cranberries.  Last year both were difficult to find.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Does anyone have any good mourning dove recipes?  I may have to hunt for my supper.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

////00000////

Does anyone have any good mourning dove recipes?  I may have to hunt for my supper.

We have a backyard tree full of them every day.  To eat them?  Seriously.  I couldn't do it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

We have a backyard tree full of them every day.  To eat them?  Seriously.  I couldn't do it.

Way too much work for not much reward...

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I noticed rotisserie
chicken has gone up in price but what's really gone up is seafood
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

The Kobeissi Letter
@KobeissiLetter
This is incredible:   Orange Juice prices are rising so fast they just hit their limit-up threshold and were halted.
Since the 2020 low, the price of orange juice is up a massive 315%.
This year alone, orange juice prices have jumped by 105%.
Meanwhile, Live Cattle prices are up 125% since 2020 and Olive Oil prices are up 130% since last year.
What does it mean when food prices outperform hedge funds?

6:29 PM · Oct 5, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

The Kobeissi Letter
@KobeissiLetter
This is incredible:   Orange Juice prices are rising so fast they just hit their limit-up threshold and were halted.
Meanwhile, Live Cattle prices are up 125% since 2020 and Olive Oil prices are up 130% since last year.

What does it mean?  Most likely that stagflation is just around the corner.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Kobeissi Letter
@KobeissiLetter

And that's with rapidly declining demand for orange juice (high sugar, cannot drink it after brushing your teeth without a repulsive aftertaste, making it impractical for breakfast).

Something is broken.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Better stock up on cricket flour plebes, the great reset is here!