Author Topic: Nancy Mace: ‘The Establishment Is Coming After Me — I’ve Had a Lot of Threats About My Fundraising’  (Read 398 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Mace: ‘The Establishment Is Coming After Me — I’ve Had a Lot of Threats About My Fundraising’

Jeff Poor 5 Oct 2023

Wednesday, during an appearance on CNN’s “The Source,” Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) discussed her decision to vote for Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) ouster and the repercussions from it.

“Because of your vote, are you concerned that you’ll be expelled from the Republican conference or kicked off your committees?” host Kaitlan Collins asked.

“Well, it’s certainly the eight of us that voted this way,” Mace replied. “I mean, if you want to have the gavel, if you want to move forward, united, you’re going to need our votes. And I think, if we look backward and punish people based on their principles? That’s only going to further divide our conference. We have a lot of work to do. We promised the American people we would deliver results. And we need to do that. I don’t judge my colleagues for their votes, or for what their values are, or their principles are.”

“And I’ve always said, Kaitlan, I’ve said it on your show,” she added. “I am willing to work with anyone who’s willing to work with me. Period. And that means moving the ball forward.”

“So, you’re not worried about it?” Collins said.

“I am not today,” Mace responded. “I mean, they can do what they want to do. I’ve been in a lot of fights. I was the first woman to graduate from the Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina. I am not afraid of standing on principle and my values. And I will say, Kaitlan. The Establishment is coming after me. I’ve had a lot of threats about my fundraising.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/05/nancy-mace-the-establishment-is-coming-after-me-ive-had-a-lot-of-threats-about-my-fundraising/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Pick a side, people.  Do you back the Establishment?  Or do you back those who are working to topple it?

Mace is a hero in my book.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I watched that clip, and the Breitbart article stopped right before the good part.  After trashing McCarthy, at about the 5:15 mark, Mace goes into blatant fundraising mode off this, asking people to send her money and even giving her donation site, nancymace.org, where they can send her money.  Unfortunately for Mace, the host then said "I'm glad you brought that up", because she already had teed up a clip of Mace from January absolutely blasting Matt Gaetz.  She just didn't know Mace was going to walk right into it that hard:  In the January Clip, Mace is shown saying:

"Matt Gaetz is a fraud.  Every time he voted against Kevin McCarthy last week, he sent out a fundraising email".

Which of course is pretty much what Mace herself did less than 30 seconds before live on air.  Ouch.  Starts at around 5:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESE6VW_ZOg&t=324s
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:06:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Pick a side, people.  Do you back the Establishment?  Or do you back those who are working to topple it?

I'm not familiar with Mace, I definitely am against backing the GOPe.  It needs to be toppled and the good ole country club needs to be dismantled.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

:amen:

I may not agree with her on some issues, but anyone who wants the budget to be subject to open committee hearings, floor votes and demands the Speaker to keep his promise to do so is a hero in my book.

All this fight has been about is ending the CR and Omnibus budgeting where Reps and Senators can go back to their districts, or States, and say, "if I knew that was in there I would never have supported it". The other famous excuse being, "I had to vote for it on the veterans wouldn't be taken care of". If 12 different appropriation bills are passed and the only things in those bills are relative to that dept. the excuses end and the elected representatives have to do their job.

It's a shame so many Pubs are so dependent on their donor masters that they won't fight for the change they campaigned on.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I'm not familiar with Mace, I definitely am against backing the GOPe.  It needs to be toppled and the good ole country club needs to be dismantled.

She is socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Her district is purple and won last time with 1% margin.

She also has the courage to confront liars like McCarthy. A rare quality in DC.

Offline bilo

I watched that clip, and the Breitbart article stopped right before the good part.  After trashing McCarthy, at about the 5:15 mark, Mace goes into blatant fundraising mode off this, asking people to send her money and even giving her donation site, nancymace.org, where they can send her money.  Unfortunately for Mace, the host then said "I'm glad you brought that up", because she already had teed up a clip of Mace from January absolutely blasting Matt Gaetz.  She just didn't know Mace was going to walk right into it that hard:  In the January Clip, Mace is shown saying:

Which of course is pretty much what Mace herself did less than 30 seconds before live on air.  Ouch.  Starts at around 5:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESE6VW_ZOg&t=324s

Funny how Establishment Loyalists don't mention the fundraising emails that were sent out by McCarthy and the GOPe.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Still shocked she voted to remove him, they seemed birds of a feather.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Funny how Establishment Loyalists don't mention the fundraising emails that were sent out by McCarthy and the GOPe.

Everyone sends out fundraising letters.  That's a necessary part of the job.

But not everybody publicly calls another member a "fraud" for sending out fundraising directly based on a vote against a Speaker, then herself fundraises on TV directly after championing her own vote against the same Speaker.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The only time a politician sends me snail mail or e-mail, is to panhandle me for money ... screw, go bother your billionaire megadonors ... It's stupid to give money to rich people.

I love the snail mail "surveys" that just happen to have a solicitation for donation.

And the framing of the questions is classic ... "Do you oppose Biden's scheme to make America a vassal state of the Chinese Communist Party?"  Yes, I oppose it, but Mitch McConnell is already working to make America a vassal state of the Chinese Communist Party.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:59:24 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright