Author Topic: ‘No Chance’: Red State AGs Lay Out Why Biden Won’t Deport Migrants He’s Let In — Even If He Wanted T  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

‘No Chance’: Red State AGs Lay Out Why Biden Won’t Deport Migrants He’s Let In — Even If He Wanted To
Story by Jennie Taer •
18h

The Biden administration isn’t likely to deport migrants it’s allowed to enter the U.S. if they overstay
their temporary permission because of the historically low number of removals and the expected opportunities to extend their stay, more than a dozen Republican attorneys general wrote in a recent court filing.

Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming, sued the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) over the program that admits 30,000 migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela each month, arguing that it misuses parole authority to quickly admit migrants into the country.

“If even a fraction of the aliens paroled into the United States decide to overstay their authorized period of parole, DHS effectively has little to no chance of being able to remove them from the United States in a timely fashion,” the Republican states argued.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/no-chance-red-state-ags-lay-out-why-biden-won-t-deport-migrants-he-s-let-in-even-if-he-wanted-to/ar-AA1hIdQh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=42d5f4ccb24d46cd9dc97f678f5a8bf3&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson