Author Topic: Say goodbye to the COVID-19 vaccination card. The CDC has stopped printing them  (Read 459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Say goodbye to the COVID-19 vaccination card. The CDC has stopped printing them

The once-critical white COVID-19 vaccination cards are being phased out
ByDEVI SHASTRI AP health writer
October 4, 2023, 1:20 PM

It's the end of an era for a once-critical pandemic document: The ubiquitous white COVID-19 vaccination cards are being phased out.

Now that COVID-19 vaccines are not being distributed by the federal government, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has stopped printing new cards.

The federal government shipped more than 980 million cards between late 2020, when the first vaccines came out, through May 10, according to the latest available data from the CDC.

Federal and local health officials don't expect the discontinuation of the cards to be a particularly big change, since the days of keeping them tucked in purses and wallets to ensure entry into festivals, bars and restaurants are largely over. If you’ve held on to your card, it’s still valid as proof of vaccination. Otherwise, people who need their COVID-19 immunization records will need to request them just like any other vaccine.

In many cases, the clinic, pharmacy or health department that provided the shot can provide those records. Every state and some cities have an immunization registry, though rules vary on when records are included and options for obtaining copies of your records. Records from the mass vaccination sites held early in the pandemic also should be available in those registries, depending on state laws. There is no national registry for immunization records.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/goodbye-covid-19-vaccination-card-cdc-stopped-printing-103731263
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Oh dearie me!  Whatever shall we do? 

Online DefiantMassRINO

They'll be collectors' items on E-Bay in a few decades.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

I have one of those cards, somewhere. It records vaccine brand, batch ID, dates administered, and the administering nurses' names, all handwritten, on business card stock. It's not really identification-grade, but is more like a holdover of practices begun in the 40s and 50s. As my first sentence suggests, I've never been asked to show my card.

At least 270M have been issued, so it may take a few decades for them to become rarities. Why the US gooberment thought it necessary to print up ~3X the population of the US eludes me. Maybe their printers gave them BOGO discounts.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:07:37 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I lost mine shortly after getting the first shots... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The card I got for my single vaccination shot three years ago is still collecting dust in my wallet. It's never been used and has probably been through the washing machine enough times to be illegible.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024