Author Topic: US Rep. Colin Allred Said His Generation Will ‘Tear Down’ the Border Wall  (Read 325 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Emily Medeiros October 4, 2023

Allred, now a candidate for U.S. Senate, has supported multiple left-wing policy views on immigration and border security in Congress.

A video has resurfaced showing Dallas Democrat U.S. Rep. Colin Allred calling the border wall “racist” and vowing to “tear it down.”

Allred, who was campaigning for Congressional District 32 at the time, said during a 2018 Big East Forum event that if the U.S. builds a border wall, his generation will be the one that tears it down.

I wanna briefly talk about this racist wall. The symbol of this country cannot be a fence with barbed wire on top of it. It has to remain the Statue of Liberty. I’ll tell you what. If they build that wall, my generation will be the one that tears it down. We will not have this in this country. We will not have this wall in our country. We are not going to waste billions of dollars on a racist campaign promise and we are not going to turn the symbol of this country into a wall with barbed wire on top of it.

Allred has announced that he will resign from his U.S. House seat on May 3 if he wins the Democrat primary for Texas’ U.S. Senate seat currently held by Republican Sen. Ted Cruz . 

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/us-rep-colin-allred-said-his-generation-will-tear-down-the-border-wall/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Sounds like he is setting himself up to get his rear handed to him.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley