Author Topic: Mayorkas cites ‘immediate need’ to waive regulations, build border wall in Texas as immigration surg  (Read 1555 times)

Offline libertybele

Well, this states the DEMS excuses as to why no border wall has been completed ... so I'm guessing that before the '24 election, the DEMS will complete the border wall and we'll see a reduction in the ILLEGAL invasion and they will take credit for securing the border.  DEMS will rally because of what's happened in Chicago and NY.  OR perhaps this is just my wishful thinking.

Mayorkas cites ‘immediate need’ to waive regulations, build border wall in Texas as immigration surges

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is citing an "acute and immediate need" to waive dozens of federal laws in order to build a border wall in south Texas where illegal migration has surged, a sharp contrast to dismissals of the use of such barriers in the early days of the administration.

The agency posted an announcement on the U.S. Federal Registry which outlines construction in Starr County in the Rio Grande Valley Sector -- where the administration says there is "high illegal entry." The agency says there have been over 245,000 migrant encounters in the sector this fiscal year.

Mayorkas says he is using his authority provided by Congress to waive 26 federal laws, including the Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/myorkas-cites-immediate-need-wave-regulations-build-border-wall-texas-immigration-surges
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trying to halt the "Elections have consequences" vibe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas cites ‘immediate need’ to waive regulations, build border wall in Texas as immigration surges

Mayorkas' announcement comes as migrant numbers in September broke new records
 By Adam Shaw Fox News
Published October 4, 2023 8:13pm EDT | Updated October 4, 2023 8:26pm EDT

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is citing an "acute and immediate need" to waive dozens of federal laws in order to build a border wall in south Texas where illegal migration has surged, a sharp contrast to dismissals of the use of such barriers in the early days of the administration.

The agency posted an announcement on the U.S. Federal Register which outlines construction in Starr County in the Rio Grande Valley Sector -- where the administration says there is "high illegal entry." The agency says there have been over 245,000 migrant encounters in the sector this fiscal year.

Mayorkas says he is using his authority provided by Congress to waive 26 federal laws, including the Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act.

"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas pursuant to sections 102(a) and 102(b) of [the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996]," Mayorkas said.

The administration had put a halt to new border wall construction in early 2021, after then-candidate Biden had promised there would "not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration." The administration said that wall construction under the Trump administration was "just one example of the prior Administration’s misplaced priorities and failure to manage migration in a safe, orderly, and humane way."

However, the construction is funded by the FY 2019 DHS appropriations bill, which DHS is required to use for its appropriated purpose. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) had announced its plans for up to 20 miles of wall in the RGV Sector in June. The administration has also previously made moves to close gaps and replace gates.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/myorkas-cites-immediate-need-wave-regulations-build-border-wall-texas-immigration-surges
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It must be an election year...oh wait.. :pondering:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's a great idea asshat. Too bad you sold off all those materials for a wall for pennies on the dollar.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

Would this be the same Mayorkas who was auctioning off building materials a couple of months back?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mod5

Offline libertybele

That's a great idea asshat. Too bad you sold off all those materials for a wall for pennies on the dollar.

Azzhat = evil liberal mental midget

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
Over the summer, the Biden administration reportedly sold off $300 million worth of wall parts for just $2 million.
Leading up to the 2020 election, Biden vowed to not build “another foot” of wall, mostly because Trump wanted one.
Yesterday, the Biden administration announced they needed to build the wall and waive federal regulations to solve the migrant crisis.  ...

More:

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1709920998009803038
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So suddenly the Biden admin has powers the Trump admin never had?
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump chides Biden over move to build border wall: ‘I will await his apology’
by Miranda Nazzaro - 10/05/23 8:09 AM ET

Former President Trump chided President Biden over his recent move to allow border wall construction in South Texas, saying he will “await” the incumbent’s apology.

“Will Joe Biden apologize to me and America for taking so long to get moving, and allowing our country to be flooded with 15 million illegals immigrants, from places unknown,” Trump wrote Thursday in a Truth Social post. “I will await his apology!”

The Department of Homeland Security announced Wednesday it will waive 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in Starr County, Texas, which is experiencing “high illegal entry.”

The move is the administration’s first use of an executive power often used by Trump to fund projects along the southern border.

“So interesting to watch Crooked Joe Biden break every environmental law in the book to prove that I was right when I built 560 miles (they incorrectly state 450 in story!) of brand new, beautiful border wall,” Trump wrote. “As I have stated often, over thousands of years, there are only two things that have consistently worked, wheels, and walls!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4239690-trump-chides-biden-over-move-to-build-border-wall/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden administration waiving 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in Texas
by Miranda Nazzaro - 10/05/23 7:54 AM ET

The Biden administration announced Wednesday that 26 federal laws were waived to allow border wall construction in Texas, marking the administration’s first use of an executive power often used by former President Trump to fund projects along the southern border.

The waived laws will help expedite the construction of barriers and roads in Starr County, Texas, which is experiencing “high illegal entry,” the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in a statement posted to the U.S. Federal Registry.

The U.S. Border Patrol saw more than 245,000 people in the last fiscal year try to enter the United States in the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the DHS said, citing data from August.

“There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,” DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in the statement.

Some of the waived federal laws include the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act and Safe Water Drinking Act to prevent lengthy reviews and lawsuits challenging the violation of such laws, The Associated Press (AP) reported.

The construction will be funded by a congressional appropriation passed in 2019, where Congress set aside funding for the construction of the border barrier in the Rio Grande Valley. DHS is required to use those funds for the appropriated purpose.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4239648-biden-administration-waiving-federal-laws-border-wall-construction/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Trump chides Biden over move to build border wall: ‘I will await his apology’
by Miranda Nazzaro - 10/05/23 8:09 AM ET

Former President Trump chided President Biden over his recent move to allow border wall construction in South Texas, saying he will “await” the incumbent’s apology.

“Will Joe Biden apologize to me and America for taking so long to get moving, and allowing our country to be flooded with 15 million illegals immigrants, from places unknown,” Trump wrote Thursday in a Truth Social post. “I will await his apology!”

The Department of Homeland Security announced Wednesday it will waive 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in Starr County, Texas, which is experiencing “high illegal entry.”

The move is the administration’s first use of an executive power often used by Trump to fund projects along the southern border.

“So interesting to watch Crooked Joe Biden break every environmental law in the book to prove that I was right when I built 560 miles (they incorrectly state 450 in story!) of brand new, beautiful border wall,” Trump wrote. “As I have stated often, over thousands of years, there are only two things that have consistently worked, wheels, and walls!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4239690-trump-chides-biden-over-move-to-build-border-wall/

:thumbsup:

Trump has a very, very legitimate beef here.

Offline libertybele

So suddenly the Biden admin has powers the Trump admin never had?

It's also a matter of getting funding which was Trump's biggest roadblock as Chuckie and Nancy gave him very little and he tried to go around them.  Trump should have addressed this issue when he had a majority in both houses.

One article notes -- 200 miles of border wall -- that's not going to complete it and ILLEGALS can still go around the gaps.

A complete border wall needs to be erected and manned, period!

How about also enforcing existing immigration laws and letting border patrol do their jobs??

DEPORTATION anyone???

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending those buses up North.  The $h!t is hitting the fan.

In Mass, attendees of the Army/Navy football game at Gillette Stadium can't find hotel rooms because they are being occupied by illegal migrants.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/10/04/battenfeld-army-navy-game-at-gillette-has-turned-into-cluster-because-migrants-have-taken-up-hotel-rooms/
Army-Navy Game Has Turned into 'Cluster' Because Migrants Have Taken Up Hotel Rooms

4 Oct 2023
Boston Herald
Joe Battenfeld

Scores of military veterans, service academy graduates and families are scrambling to find hotel rooms for the big Army-Navy game at Gillette Stadium, because their reservations were canceled to make way for migrant families.

A travel agent who handles hotel rooms for military families said at least 70 of his rooms at three hotels were "taken back" by the hotel management company because the state recently contracted to put newly arrived migrants there.

"That is correct," said Mark Mansbach of Hillsdale Travel. "I have enough rooms to cover some of the people. Some people are looking around but pricing is very high. For many, the issue is safety ... they are questioning the safety of remaining hotels located near those that are now filled with migrants. Lots of questions by my clients and most hotels are scrambling to come up with safety protocols."

A spokeswoman for a hotel management company that operates the Comfort Inn in Foxboro and several other hotels near Gillette confirmed they are providing housing for "refugees" who recently arrived. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surely this doesn't mean Mayorkas and the Biden Administration have been lying the whole time about the border being secure? OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Surely this doesn't mean Mayorkas and the Biden Administration have been lying the whole time about the border being secure? OMGGGGGGG

Of course not *****rollingeyes***** .... it only started to become a reality when the liberals and sanctuary cities started to become overwhelmed.

They've brought enough ILLEGALS in to secure votes, so they may actually start to do something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The Minister of Truth says "the truth of the migrant situation has recently changed."

No one lies anymore ... they change the definition of "truth" and "fact".

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Keep sending those buses up North.  The $h!t is hitting the fan.

In Mass, attendees of the Army/Navy football game at Gillette Stadium can't find hotel rooms because they are being occupied by illegal migrants.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/10/04/battenfeld-army-navy-game-at-gillette-has-turned-into-cluster-because-migrants-have-taken-up-hotel-rooms/
Army-Navy Game Has Turned into 'Cluster' Because Migrants Have Taken Up Hotel Rooms

4 Oct 2023
Boston Herald
Joe Battenfeld

Scores of military veterans, service academy graduates and families are scrambling to find hotel rooms for the big Army-Navy game at Gillette Stadium, because their reservations were canceled to make way for migrant families.

A travel agent who handles hotel rooms for military families said at least 70 of his rooms at three hotels were "taken back" by the hotel management company because the state recently contracted to put newly arrived migrants there.

"That is correct," said Mark Mansbach of Hillsdale Travel. "I have enough rooms to cover some of the people. Some people are looking around but pricing is very high. For many, the issue is safety ... they are questioning the safety of remaining hotels located near those that are now filled with migrants. Lots of questions by my clients and most hotels are scrambling to come up with safety protocols."

A spokeswoman for a hotel management company that operates the Comfort Inn in Foxboro and several other hotels near Gillette confirmed they are providing housing for "refugees" who recently arrived. ...

When I lived in MA there were a ton of really shitty, budget 60's "welfare hotels" where they'd house like section 8 people because they didn't have any space. There's one by the IHOP in Allston/Brighton.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The hotels/motels like housing the migrants because it's a steady revenue stream from the state.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden administration accused of hypocrisy for proposing border wall amid migrant crisis
As a candidate, Biden promised there would 'not be another foot of wall constructed' during his administration
By Jeffrey Clark Fox News
Published October 5, 2023 11:57am EDT

The Biden administration is being mocked for announcing border wall construction in Texas after President Biden and other Democrats publicly opposed the idea.

Department of Homeland Secruity (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas stated in a notice that there was an "acute and immediate need" to waive dozens of federal laws to build a border wall in south Texas where illegal migration has surged.

"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas pursuant to sections 102(a) and 102(b) of [the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996]," Mayorkas said.

The administration had put a halt to new border wall construction in early 2021, after Biden had promised as a presidential candidate that there would "not be another foot of wall constructed [in] my administration."

The administration said wall construction under the Trump administration was "just one example of the prior administration’s misplaced priorities and failure to manage migration in a safe, orderly and humane way."

Political commentators and media figures called out the Biden administration for its heel turn.

"Remarkable," Trending Politics co-owner Collin Rugg wrote. "4 years ago this was 'racist.' Now they’re advocating for it."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-administration-accused-hypocrisy-proposing-border-wall-migrant-crisis
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I wonder if this is part of a deal to get the Ukraine money....just throwing it out there  :shrug:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden argues his hands were tied with border wall funds   
by Brett Samuels - 10/05/23 12:58 PM ET

President Biden on Thursday defended plans for his administration to add to the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border while insisting that the wall is not an effective immigration tool.

Biden responded to questions from reporters in the Oval Office after the administration announced it was waiving certain environmental laws to allow for construction along a busy sector of the border in Texas.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate, to redirect that money. They didn’t. They wouldn’t,” he said. “In the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated for. I can’t stop that.”

Biden was asked whether he thought the border wall was effective and responded “no.”

The administration announced late Wednesday it had waived roughly two dozen federal laws to allow for border wall construction in Starr County, Texas, where roughly 245,000 migrants have illegally crossed the border this fiscal year, according to The Associated Press.

The wall will be built using funds appropriated by Congress in 2019, before Biden took office.

As a presidential candidate, he was adamantly opposed to the construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border during the Trump administration.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4240303-biden-argues-his-hands-were-tied-with-border-wall-funds/
Support the USO