Author Topic: An emergency alert test will sound today on all U.S. cellphones, TVs and radios. 2:30 est  (Read 922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
An emergency alert test will sound today on all U.S. cellphones, TVs and radios. Here's what to expect.

By Emily Mae Czachor

Updated on: October 4, 2023 / 8:39 AM / CBS News

Your electronic devices may alarm you today — but there's a reason for that.

A nationwide test of the federal emergency alert system will be broadcast at approximately 2:20 p.m. EDT to cellphones, televisions and radios across the United States.

The test will occur simultaneously across time zones, so people in the middle of the country can expect it at 1:20 p.m. Central Time, or 12:20 p.m. Mountain Time. On the West Coast it will be at 11:20 a.m. Pacific Time. In most of Alaska it's at 10:20 a.m., and in Hawaii, 8:20 a.m. local time.

Most Americans with wireless cellular devices will receive an emergency alert message on their phones, as will most whose televisions or radios are on when the test occurs.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emergency-alert-test-october-4-2023-fema-fcc-cellphones-tvs-radios/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 06:16:24 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: An emergency alert test will sound today on all U.S. .....2:30 est
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 06:14:37 pm »
I've already shut my phone off.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I had my volume off and it still went off...ten mins early
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Mine went off... it was neat.

Offline libertybele

I had read that the only way to avoid that alert was to shut the phone completely off and so I did.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Mine went off... it was neat.

Yeppers ... just what I want, a test for the gov't to send us a text in the future telling us what we must do.

Offline PeteS in CA

The test will occur simultaneously across time zones, so people in the middle of the country can expect it at 1:20 p.m. Central Time, or 12:20 p.m. Mountain Time. On the West Coast it will be at 11:20 a.m. Pacific Time. ...

It went off here at 11:19 or 11:20. I had taken out my Bluetooth-connected hearing aids, so my ears didn't get blasted out. I could hear most of or all the cell phones in my corner of CubicleLand sounding off.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I had read that the only way to avoid that alert was to shut the phone completely off and so I did.

Mine is still off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Mine is still off.

Ya well, turning mine off didn't work.  As soon as I turned it back on, it still went off.  9999hair out0000  When they gov't has your number, they've got your number. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I just got the text.  I didn't hear the alarm beep on my phone.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

Well that was a nothingburger; a bit of noise and a notification on the homescreen - swipe left and it's all gone.

No zombies or anything else.

Offline PeteS in CA

Well that was a nothingburger; a bit of noise and a notification on the homescreen - swipe left and it's all gone.

:tongue2: Did you check your backyard for black helicopters (or parking lot for black SUVs)? :tongue2:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

:tongue2: Did you check your backyard for black helicopters (or parking lot for black SUVs)? :tongue2:

I was hoping I would turn into a zombie so I could get out of working this weekend.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We were eating lunch at a bar/restaurant...  It was wall-to-wall noise from the phones and on all the big screen TV's.  I was surprised at how many people didn't know WTF was happening? 

I am convinced the majority of Americans live under rocks.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

We were eating lunch at a bar/restaurant...  It was wall-to-wall noise from the phones and on all the big screen TV's.  I was surprised at how many people didn't know WTF was happening? 

I am convinced the majority of Americans live under rocks.
I'm quite sure you're right. Most people are remarkably uninformed about just about everything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Look in the mirror.

All of you who didn't shut your phone down are soon going to be overwhelmed with a craving for some Manburger Helper.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Look in the mirror.

All of you who didn't shut your phone down are soon going to be overwhelmed with a craving for some Manburger Helper.

You're right!  Now I have to Mansplain this to my better half!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Come to think of it ... I am glad I got this cookbook.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Lol, I don't have a cell phone, but forgot the test was today and got notified in my shed (one of only days I actually turned the radio on instead of just playing MP3s). Think it even took the radio DJs by surprise. First Wednesdays are also Tornado Siren test days here, so it was pretty lit as far as warnings go.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:04:52 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

Only smile at the black SUV's or limo's when they roll down their windows and snap a picture of you.

Offline Kamaji

Come to think of it ... I am glad I got this cookbook.

:silly:

Offline Kamaji

Look in the mirror.

Nah, that's just the way my ugly mug usually looks!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Putin ordered a test of their system as well.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Putin ordered a test of their system as well.

Yes indeed he did.