Author Topic: Teacher Says His Students Are Severely Delayed, but No One Admits How Much  (Read 376 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Teacher Says His Students Are Severely Delayed, but No One Admits How Much

https://pjmedia.com/culture/catherinesalgado/2023/10/04/teacher-says-his-students-are-severely-delayed-but-no-one-admits-how-much-n1732186

We all know that kids were educationally and developmentally delayed during the COVID-19 lockdowns, which were totally unnecessary to save children’s lives and only brought them all kinds of harm. But one teacher explained in a video that Libs of TikTok shared on X (formerly Twitter) that the delay is far worse than many educators want to admit.

The teacher said he teaches 7th grade, but his students currently operate on a 4th-grade level. He said that part of the problem is that schools just keep passing children to the next grade, regardless of whether they really qualify to pass or not. I personally have had teachers mention the same issue to me. Children are actually failing, and too many are barely literate. Yet the teachers—or the administrators—just keep passing the kids along to the next grade, not wanting to deal with the drama and difficulty of making them take a grade over and actually learn something.
Like, I’m not even trying to be funny, but these kids are — I’m going to just say this. I teach 7th Grade, they’re still performing on the 4th Grade level. I don’t care how you flip it, turn it, swing it…they’re still performing on a 4th Grade level.

Ain’t nobody talking about how they just keep moving — passing them on. They just keep passing ’em on, passing ’em on, passing ’em on…I could put as many zeros in his grade as I want to, they’re going to move that child to the 8th Grade next year. But ain’t nobody talking about that. Why are they not talking about that? Why [are] they not telling y’all your child — and why don’t y’all know that your kids is not performing on their grade level?
Another thing I’ve had more than one teacher mention to me is that parents enable their children’s ignorance and underperformance. When teachers bring up the issue of educational delays or an unwillingness to do assignments, the parents attack the teachers. They demand good grades for their kids as a right! No wonder children underperform when their parents pay attention to their progress only long enough to tell them they should have A’s no matter what they do.

Educrats "passing" failed students up to the next higher grade simply compound - not fix - the too real problem.

Parents attacking teachers for trying to grade failing students honestly prevent fixing their children's too real problem. The, "My baby can do no wrong," is killing kids, metaphorically at best, but sometimes literally.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ever seen the film, "Idiocracy" ??

If not, you had better give it a viewing.

It can be "found on the net", if you know where to look...