Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: School Districts With DEI Officers See Worse Black, Hispanic Learning Loss and Secretive  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: School Districts With DEI Officers See Worse Black, Hispanic Learning Loss and Secretive Transgender Policies
Tyler O'Neil / @Tyler2ONeil / October 04, 2023

The employment of diversity, equity and inclusion officers at school districts was associated with worse black and Hispanic learning loss during the pandemic, a study by The Heritage Foundation found. (Photo: Getty Images)

FIRST ON THE DAILY SIGNAL—Administrators focused on diversity, equity and inclusion have ballooned in public school districts across the country, but their presence doesn’t translate to educational improvement for black and Hispanic students, nor to the inclusion of parents in decisions about their kids’ health and well-being.

According to a new report from The Heritage Foundation, the percentage of large school districts with a chief diversity officer rose from 39% to 48% from 2021 to 2023, while school districts with a chief diversity officer experienced a decline in minority student performance and a greater likelihood of secretive transgender policies. (The Daily Signal is the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation.)

“Taxpayers provided $190 billion in extra funding to schools so that they could prevent learning loss during the pandemic,” Jay Greene, a senior research fellow at Heritage’s Center for Education Policy, told The Daily Signal. “Schools then decided to use a bunch of that money to hire chief diversity officers, who actually exacerbated learning loss among black and Hispanic students, rather than prevent it.”

“We found that black and Hispanic students in districts that had hired chief diversity officers lost an additional 4.5 percentile points on their math achievement tests relative to districts that did not have a chief diversity officer,” he added.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/10/04/exclusive-school-districts-dei-officers-see-worse-black-hispanic-learning-loss-secretive-transgender-policies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson