Author Topic: Letter to the editor: Illegal immigrants’ huge costs  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Letter to the editor: Illegal immigrants’ huge costs
« on: October 04, 2023, 03:04:16 pm »
Letter to the editor: Illegal immigrants’ huge costs

OPINION:

My “progressive” friends keep telling me we need illegal migrants to pick tomatoes and harvest our crops. But just how many tomatoes are they picking and crops are they harvesting in New York City, Chicago and San Francisco?

New York is paying an average of $256 a day to house each migrant family, according to officials. Compare that to the average of between $136 and $188 a day that it pays to provide shelter for other homeless New Yorkers. In fact, the cost of housing migrants is so extraordinary (an estimated $4.3 billion between April of 2022 and July 2024) that New York City Mayor Eric Adams says he must cut city services to afford it.

So not only are these illegals not harvesting our crops, but they are jobless and being housed at legal citizens’ expense.

American cities used to have a homeless problem. But now, thanks to illegal immigration, they have and are paying for an extremely severe and out-of-control homeless problem.

JACK DUCKWORTH
Burke, Virginia

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/oct/4/letter-editor-illegal-immigrants-huge-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson