Author Topic: Private sector job growth cools sharply in September to slowest pace since 2021: ADP  (Read 356 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published October 4, 2023 8:25am EDT
Private sector job growth cools sharply in September to slowest pace since 2021: ADP
Job growth cools much faster than expected in September, ADP report shows

By Megan Henney

Hiring by U.S. companies slowed more than expected in September, pointing to a labor market that is starting to cool in the face of higher interest rates, according to the ADP National Employment Report released Wednesday morning.

Companies added 89,000 jobs last month, below the 153,000 gain that economists surveyed by Refinitiv predicted. That is also much lower than the revised 180,000 increase recorded in August.

It marked the worst month for job creation since January 2021.

"We are seeing a steepening decline in jobs this month," said Nela Richardson, ADP chief economist. "Additionally, we are seeing a steady decline in wages in the past 12 months."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/private-sector-job-growth-cools-sharply-september-slowest-pace-2021-adp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If this matches the jobs report that comes out, I believe this Friday, and it continues… Hello stagflation

Joe Biden’s attempt to cheerlead the economy is gonna fall further and further flat with the public at large.

We will have a whole new generation of voters who don’t remember the 1970s. The first one who attempts to bring back disco will be shot on site.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:31:27 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy