Author Topic: Swimming World Cup's Plan for Transgender Athletes Backfires  (Read 378 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Swimming World Cup's Plan for Transgender Athletes Backfires
« on: October 04, 2023, 10:09:39 am »

Swimming World Cup's Plan for Transgender Athletes Backfires
Story by Ryan Smith •
18h

The Swimming World Cup's plan to allow transgender and nonbinary athletes to compete at the upcoming event has faltered, after its gender-inclusive, open-category races failed to attract any entries.

World Aquatics introduced the open category in its 50-meter and 100-meter races across all strokes after voting in June 2022 to prohibit transgender women from competing in women's elite races. The category, which is open to those whose gender identity differs their birth sex, was deemed a "pioneering pilot project" on its launch.

However, days before the Swimming World Cup is set to take place on October 6-8 in Berlin, Germany, it has been revealed that no competitors have signed up to compete in the newly created category.

Addressing the lack of athletes signing up for the new category, the governing body said on Tuesday: "The World Aquatics open category working group will continue its work and engagement with the aquatics community on open category events.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/swimming-world-cup-s-plan-for-transgender-athletes-backfires/ar-AA1hDHix?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32c5c3cde6ec4a2cad8023360b350da4&ei=23#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Swimming World Cup's Plan for Transgender Athletes Backfires
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 10:10:12 am »
 88finger point
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson