Author Topic: Pentagon command-and-control official charged with dog fighting  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon command-and-control official charged with dog fighting
« on: October 03, 2023, 05:51:54 pm »
Pentagon command-and-control official charged with dog fighting
By Colin Demarest
 Oct 3, 08:46 AM

WASHINGTON — A senior U.S. Department of Defense official was arrested and charged with participating in a local dog-fighting ring.

Frederick Douglass Moorefield Jr., a deputy chief information officer for command, control and communications, was one of two men the Justice Department on Oct. 2 said was apprehended following an investigation into the alleged animal abuse and underground gambling. The other was Mario Damon Flythe.

The Washington Post reported the Defense Department was “aware of the criminal complaint” and that Moorefield was “no longer in the workplace,” citing a department spokesperson.

The deputy CIO for command, control and communications lends expertise and guidance on policy and technical issues related to defense connectivity and data-sharing standards. It also plays a role in spectrum-sharing decisions.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/federal-oversight/doj-fbi/2023/10/03/pentagon-command-and-control-official-charged-with-dog-fighting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson