Author Topic: An Old Video Emerges of the Judge in Trump’s Fraud Case, Uncovering Disturbing Revelations  (Read 944 times)

Offline American Girl

Yep, nothing to see. This man will surely get a fair trial.
This is infuriating!

That video should be enough to throw the case out or demand a different judge of the defendant's choice

https://defiantamerica.com/an-old-video-emerges-of-the-judge-in-trumps-fraud-case-uncovering-disturbing-revelations/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ah, the art of the ad hominem fallacy, the Trump campaign's calling card.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Wait a minute.  Exactly what did the judge say in that video that was so disturbing or out of bounds?  I watched the whole thing and didn't see it.

The part where he's talking about the ability to toss a civil verdict that he doesn't think is supported by the evidence -- a jnov or "judgment not withstanding the verdict" is an accepted part of the rules of civil procedure in both state and federal court.  They happen with some frequency.  So what else was there?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:37:49 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Wait a minute.  Exactly what did the judge say in that video that was so disturbing or out of bounds?  I watched the whole thing and didn't see it.

I’ve learned to be very suspicious of the links this “American Girl” posts

They leave a lot of pertinent information out and their new sources I’ve never heard of

They contain little snippets of information that you have to search for in other sources to put the complete puzzle together
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I’ve learned to be very suspicious of the links this “American Girl” posts

You and me both.

The weird part about it is that jnov's only apply in jury trials.  Since Trump's case is being tried to the bench without a jury, the issue of a jnov doesn't even apply.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:41:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If this "Judge" has a history of legally attacking the Defendant in a trial, it's important we know his bias.  That is hardly an Ad Hominem attack.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

If this "Judge" has a history of legally attacking the Defendant in a trial, it's important we know his bias.  That is hardly an Ad Hominem attack.

Where did that happen in that video?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where did that happen in that video?

It wasn't what was in the old video, I am referring to comments he makes today.  He is insanely biased against all things Trump.  Did you see the video of the Judge right before he started this trial?  The grinning, the laughing?

This is not a serious person.

If you think this is a fair trial, then say so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Kamaji

It wasn't what was in the old video, I am referring to comments he makes today.  He is insanely biased against all things Trump.  Did you see the video of the Judge right before he started this trial?  The grinning, the laughing?

Why would that indicate any sort of bias?  What is he supposed to do, wear a somber frown all the time?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why would that indicate any sort of bias?  What is he supposed to do, wear a somber frown all the time?

He could say he would find the case on the preponderance of evidence, or he could claim he can decide to use his emotions to decide the case. He already said his emotions will come first.

I don't know if you consider that "bias," but IANAL, and I think it's wrong.  But that's just me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

That’s Trump’s MO.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Kamaji

He could say he would find the case on the preponderance of evidence, or he could claim he can decide to use his emotions to decide the case. He already said his emotions will come first.

I don't know if you consider that "bias," but IANAL, and I think it's wrong.  But that's just me.

So far, his rulings have been on the law, not on his emotions.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

It wasn't what was in the old video, I am referring to comments he makes today.

And I was just referring to the particular video and post that is the subject of this thread.

He may well be kind of goofy, but that isn't going to get him booted off the case.

I think the entire prosecution was targeted and bogus. 

But I haven't followed the trial itself closely enough to say whether or not there has been specific judicial unfairness.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We will see.  I think there is a 100% chance this Judge will find a reason to convict.  Just my own biased opinion here, and I hope I am wrong.
I will NOT comply.

Online Kamaji

We will see.  I think there is a 100% chance this Judge will find a reason to convict.  Just my own biased opinion here, and I hope I am wrong.

One does not "convict" in a civil case.  One is either held liable, or not.

I'm reasonably certain that Trump has already given the judge more than enough reasons to find him liable, at the very least under Exec. Law 63(12).

BTW, if one wants to see the evidence that was obtained from Trump during discovery, a lot of it is available on the NY e-courts website as exhibits and attachments to various pleadings.