Author Topic: Part of Michael Cohen’s potentially damning video deposition released in Trump civil fraud case  (Read 417 times)

Offline Kamaji

Part of Michael Cohen’s potentially damning video deposition released in Trump civil fraud case

By Priscilla DeGregory
Published Oct. 2, 2023

A portion of Michael Cohen’s potentially damning video deposition was made public Monday as the New York Attorney General’s $250 million fraud case against former President Donald Trump kicked off in a Manhattan courtroom.

The video clip of Cohen’s sworn testimony was played for Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron during opening remarks from the AG’s office, at the civil trial where the ex-president is accused of inflating his net worth on financial documents to get an edge in business and save hundreds of millions of dollars.

Cohen – Trump’s former personal attorney and “fixer” – described how the real estate mogul would call him and Allen Weisselberg, the former Trump Organization CFO, into his office and ask them to boost his worth – in part so he could rank higher on the Forbes billionaires list.

“Let’s say it said he was worth $6 billion,” Cohen said during the April 28 deposition. “Well, he wanted to be higher on the Forbes list, and he then said, ‘I’m actually not worth 6 billion. I’m worth 7. In fact, I think it’s actually now worth 8 with everything that’s going on.'”

“Allen and I were tasked with taking the assets, increasing each of those asset classes in order to accommodate that $8 billion number,” Cohen said in the video.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/02/heres-part-of-michael-cohens-potentially-damning-video-deposition/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cohen pleaded guilty to eight felony counts, including campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud, and was sentenced to three years in federal prison in 2018.

I'm no Trump fanboy but is
This  what constitutes a creditable witness in NY?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Cohen pleaded guilty to eight felony counts, including campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud, and was sentenced to three years in federal prison in 2018.

I'm no Trump fanboy but is
This  what constitutes a creditable witness in NY?

It would be up to Trump to attack his credibility, and persuade the fact-finder to discount his statements.