Author Topic: Truth And Science: A Nobel Laureate’s Advice To Students  (Read 429 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Truth And Science: A Nobel Laureate’s Advice To Students
« on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:14 am »
WRITTEN BY RON BARMBY ON OCT 2, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Truth And Science: A Nobel Laureate’s Advice To Students
cartoon ipcc warming panic

Dr. John Clauser is an experimental physicist of the highest order.

His 2022 Nobel Prize in physics is enough to make him one of the preeminent scientists of our times. His work confirmed the existence of quantum entanglement—that two particles once linked remain linked no matter how far apart they are pulled. A change in one linked particle still affects the other linked particle. [emphasis, links added]

A peer of Clauser’s said the achievement “will surely go down as one of the most incredible intellectual achievements in the history of science.” So, when the Nobel laureate talks about physics, i.e., the science of matter and energy, people should listen.

He recently was asked to give an inspirational talk to a group of South Korean students. Rather than discuss quantum physics, he grabbed the world’s attention by advising the students their job was to tell the truth.

Truth has the property of being in accord with reality, and good science means observing reality in nature and reporting it accurately with no thought to the consequences.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/truth-and-science-a-nobel-laureates-advice-to-students/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson