Author Topic: Liberal city mayor proposed increasing police budget — then protesters showed up at his house  (Read 349 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liberal city mayor proposed increasing police budget — then protesters showed up at his house
Story by Hannah Ray Lambert •
2h

Protesters marched to Seattle Mayor Bruce Harrell's home Sunday afternoon, outraged over his proposal to add $17 million to the city's police budget next year.

"What better way to spend our Sunday than marching a bunch of amazing people up to Mayor Bruce Harrell's house and delivering him a birthday present?" one speaker said, according to KING 5. Harrell's birthday is later this month.

The protest was called "Justice for Jaahnavi" in honor of the 23-year-old college student hit and killed by a patrol car while stepping into a crosswalk in January.

Harrell's proposed budget gives the Seattle Police Department more than $391 million, a $17 million increase from the 2023 budget.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liberal-city-mayor-proposed-increasing-police-budget-then-protesters-showed-up-at-his-house/ar-AA1hC5yE?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=accaee980bf84f37a2c3023598ac6a13&ei=32#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

The cities are going to burn. And we need to let them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

The cities are going to burn. And we need to let them.

:thumbsup: