Author Topic: Los Angeles' controversial new zero-bail policy takes effect after judge ruled that cash bail discri  (Read 282 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Los Angeles' controversial new zero-bail policy takes effect after judge ruled that cash bail discriminates against minorities and the poor
Story by Germania Rodriguez Poleo For Dailymail.Com •
16h

A person's bail was previously based on the severity of the claims against them

Twelve counties sued the city on Friday in a last-minute attempt to block the law

Law enforcement officials have blamed the law for recent store robberies

Los Angeles' controversial zero-bail policy went into effect on Sunday after a judge ruled that the old cash system discriminated against minorities and the poor.

A person's bail amount was previously based on the severity of the allegations against them - but critics argued this benefited those who could pay.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/los-angeles-controversial-new-zero-bail-policy-takes-effect-after-judge-ruled-that-cash-bail-discriminates-against-minorities-and-the-poor/ar-AA1hAEHa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=accaee980bf84f37a2c3023598ac6a13&ei=11#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Reason 1001 for staying clear of the city and county of Los Angeles, fortunately I have very little reason to go to either any more.