Author Topic: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair  (Read 8512 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2023, 06:15:30 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Why is it that Republicans are always fighting among themselves, why aren’t they fighting the Radical Left Democrats who are destroying our Country?

Gavin Mario Wax
@GavinWax

I wish House Republicans fought as hard for everyday Americans as they do for Kevin McCarthy.

They never show this level of passion when it comes to the border, the opioid pandemic, the housing crisis, the nationwide crime wave, the trade imbalance, inflation, or anything else.

10:45 AM · Oct 3, 2023

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2023, 06:17:59 pm »
Nick Sortor
@nicksortor
🚨 JUST IN: Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries says "House Democratic leadership will vote YES on the pending Republican motion to vacate the chair" and remove @SpeakerMcCarthy

McCarthy was banking on some support from Democrats in order to maintain his position.

If all Democrats vote in favor of vacating, McCarthy can only afford to lose FIVE Republicans.

Things are NOT looking good for the Speaker.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2023, 06:20:51 pm »
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Why is it that Republicans are always fighting among themselves, why aren’t they fighting the Radical Left Democrats who are destroying our Country?

Says the guy who has been fighting Republican Ron DeSantis for the past nine months straight.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2023, 06:22:27 pm »
Says the guy who has been fighting Republican Ron DeSantis for the past nine months straight.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2023, 06:22:45 pm »

Why is it then that McCarthy has not shown the same passion when it comes to the border, the opioid pandemic, the housing crisis, the nationwide crime wave, the trade imbalance, inflation, or anything else???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2023, 06:23:19 pm »

Trump being hypocritical once again.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2023, 06:23:37 pm »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

From colleague Kelly Phares. Democrats have officially been told by leadership per their whip notice to vote NO on motion to table and YES on the motion to vacate.

1:45 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2023, 06:26:01 pm »
Nick Sortor
@nicksortor
🚨 JUST IN: Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries says "House Democratic leadership will vote YES on the pending Republican motion to vacate the chair" and remove @SpeakerMcCarthy

McCarthy was banking on some support from Democrats in order to maintain his position.

If all Democrats vote in favor of vacating, McCarthy can only afford to lose FIVE Republicans.

Things are NOT looking good for the Speaker.

I am not familiar enough with the House GOP members - other than Greene and Gaetz I don't know who else is going to vote against McCarthy. 

I would like to see McCarthy ousted, but I don't want someone in there who is going to be even worse, so I really hope Gaetz has someone in mind.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2023, 06:26:06 pm »
Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter
·
6m
It would appear to be time for Kevin McCarthy to run around the Capitol pulling some fire alarms.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »
Trump being hypocritical once again.

No,  Trump is not being "hypocritical".    You seem to be conflating Congressional business with a primary contest.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2023, 06:27:29 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly:

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2023, 06:29:22 pm »
Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter
·
6m
It would appear to be time for Kevin McCarthy to run around the Capitol pulling some fire alarms.

Good one, Ann.  This is actually funny!   88devil

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2023, 06:30:07 pm »
I am not familiar enough with the House GOP members - other than Greene and Gaetz I don't know who else is going to vote against McCarthy. 

I would like to see McCarthy ousted, but I don't want someone in there who is going to be even worse, so I really hope Gaetz has someone in mind.

It doesn't matter who Gaetz has in mind.  It matters if he can get someone for whom 216 other Republicans will vote, and he cannot know at this point whether that is possible.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:30:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2023, 06:33:15 pm »
Voting now to table the motion
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2023, 06:34:13 pm »
It doesn't matter who Gaetz has in mind.  It matters if he can get someone for whom 216 other Republicans will vote, and he cannot know at this point whether that is possible.

I think Gaetz is right to call a vote to remove McCarthy, but it should have been done awhile ago and definitely with some plan to move forward.  This could backfire.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2023, 06:35:34 pm »
Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter
·
6m

:da man:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2023, 06:35:48 pm »
I think Gaetz is right to call a vote to remove McCarthy, but it should have been done awhile ago and definitely with some plan to move forward.  This could backfire.

I don't think he should have called it unless a majority of House Republicans supported it.  At that point, I have zero problem with removing the Speaker.  But when you have a tiny minority of the caucus uniting with the Democrats to get rid of a Republican Speaker, it just stinks.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2023, 06:37:17 pm »
bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2023, 06:37:17 pm »
Support the USO

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2023, 06:37:44 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2023, 06:40:45 pm »
Rep. Ken Buck
@RepKenBuck
·
18m
- Single subject bills
- Vote on balanced budget amendment
- Commitment to hold hearings on unauthorized gov programs
- Task force focused on controlling federal spending

What do these things have in common? They were all commitments that Speaker McCarthy made, then broke.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2023, 06:42:34 pm »
Carmine Sabia
@CarmineSabia
·
42m
McCarthy will be voted out.

Then he will be Speaker again.

Matt Gaetz needs to be removed from Congress after this. He is one person of 435. And he is costing us the House in 2024.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2023, 06:43:15 pm »

https://twitter.com/bdomenech/status/1709266467806396849

I think Gaetz is speaking for the "Blow it all up" crowd.  Or the "I really really wish reality was different than it is" crowd.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2023, 06:44:09 pm »
So there is no plan:

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1709215842901397949

If there truly is no plan, then this was stupid on Gaetz's part.  At this point -- Maybe Green to be speaker?