Author Topic: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair  (Read 8510 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2023, 04:57:44 pm »
Matt Gaetz ... a one-man House GOP Kamikaze Caucus.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2023, 04:57:53 pm »
It is a tradition and not a requirement. Gaetz voted for Trump to be Speaker. The thing stopping it is not getting the votes for it to happen. I don't think that would give a not elected by the people Speaker a vote on legislation and would only be a glorified cat herder. It would be an interesting test overall.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2023, 05:00:17 pm »
11:52 AM October 3, 2023
-
What happens if McCarthy is ousted?

If McCarthy is ousted, an acting Speaker would be appointed — chosen from a list of five names designated by McCarthy and shared with the House clerk, in a process implemented for continuity of government reasons after 9/11.

What exactly would happen would throw the House into uncharted territory, but those in both parties expect that the acting Speaker would have the chief responsibility of presiding over a new Speaker’s election.

House Rules Committee Chairman Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the House would likely recess, and each party would likely meet in a closed-door meeting to again designate a nominee for Speaker.

“I have no doubt in a situation like that Kevin McCarthy would be renominated right away,” Cole said.

— Emily Brooks
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4235769-house-vote-ousting-speaker-mccarthy-live-coverage/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2023, 05:01:25 pm »
Matt Gaetz ... a one-man House GOP Kamikaze Caucus.

They should kick him out for causing all this chaos!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2023, 05:08:59 pm »
It's reported the vote to vacate is 1:30 ET today.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2023, 05:15:47 pm »
per Fox..Jeffries has told the Dems to vote to vacate the chair...
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2023, 05:21:01 pm »
The only winners in this fiasco are Pedo Joe and his dims. 

Gaetz has decent idelogical cred, but has the political timing of a fart at a funeral.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2023, 05:22:49 pm »
per Fox..Jeffries has told the Dems to vote to vacate the chair...

Then it will only take a handful of GOP to remove McCarthy.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2023, 05:23:47 pm »
01:18 PMOctober 3, 2023
-
Democratic leadership will vote to oust McCarthy

Democratic leadership in the House will vote to oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) said.

Jeffries said in a “dear colleagues” letter that “Democrats remain willing to find common ground on an enlightened path forward.”

“Unfortunately, our extreme Republican colleagues have shown no willingness to do the same. It is now the responsibility of the GOP members to end the House Republican Civil War. Given their unwillingness to break from MAGA extremism in an authentic and comprehensive manner, House Democratic leadership will vote yes on the pending Republican Motion to Vacate the Chair,” he wrote.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2023, 05:24:21 pm »
We better not lose the House over this... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2023, 05:25:11 pm »
They should kick him out for causing all this chaos!

The chaos is from McCarthy making a back room deal, primarily agreeing to find Ukraine after the resolution was passed and we still get no border security....at least that is my understanding.

Gaetz is standing for a more conservative budget resolution without handing the Dems what they want.  Yes it is problematic that it is being done now.

Who replaces McCarthy should he be ousted?  I think in the end Gaetz will lose his seat...then the Rino's continue to win.  Conservatives lose again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2023, 05:28:57 pm »
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2023, 05:29:31 pm »
The chaos is from McCarthy making a back room deal, primarily agreeing to find Ukraine after the resolution was passed and we still get no border security....at least that is my understanding.

Gaetz is standing for a more conservative budget resolution without handing the Dems what they want.  Yes it is problematic that it is being done now.

Who replaces McCarthy should he be ousted?  I think in the end Gaetz will lose his seat...then the Rino's continue to win.  Conservatives lose again.

I think McCarthy stabbed us conservatives in the back, but throwing a bomb blowing up this whole thing at our most politically vunerable point is a losing strategy.  The MSM loves to paint the GOP as inept and destructive grandstanders......   

This just gives them a whole extra box of ammo.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2023, 05:29:44 pm »
Rep. Victoria Spartz
@RepSpartz
·
20m
I will not table @RepMattGaetz
’s Motion to Vacate @SpeakerMcCarthy
 and allow it to proceed to the floor but I will not vote to vacate the speaker at this time and will give him one last chance to deliver on:

1) National Debt;

2) Border Security; and

3) 12 Appropriations.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2023, 05:30:49 pm »
Your ten minutes are about up Gaetz

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1709231700998291835

It's just all about him, isn't it?  Basically flat-out admitting that he's virtue-signalling.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2023, 05:31:53 pm »
I just hope the rest of the conferences refuses to vote for anyone else but McCarthy for Speaker.  And he shouldn't agree to any concessions, either.  If that means no Speaker...no Speaker.

Can't let a tiny minority bully everyone else. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:33:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2023, 05:32:09 pm »
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino
Vacating McCarthy - My analysis:

I stand with Rep @mattgaetz

McCarthy agreed to rules when he was voted in as Speaker that he is not following

Now he gets punished, simple as that

If Gaetz and others don’t hold him accountable, KM will continue to steamroll Republican voters with Uniparty concessions

Yes, I’d prefer to continue investigating the Biden crime family and fight as a unified front against the Democrats, but at a certain point, we have to put our foot down and say “enough is enough”

That time is now

Here’s what I think will happen:

McCarthy will be vacated from the Speaker position and we’ll return to endless rounds of Speaker votes

Do we have an heir apparent? No

I frankly expect McCarthy to be voted back in as Speaker after an extensive public humiliation exercise, but only after more concessions are made to Gaetz and crew

And that’s what why we should all support Gaetz

Democracy is ugly, messy, and uncertain, but real change can only happen when courageous Patriots take a firm stand

Gaetz and crew are the Patriots taking that stand and returning even more power back to the People
12:15 PM · Oct 3, 2023
·
 Views

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2023, 05:34:13 pm »
It's just all about him, isn't it?  Basically flat-out admitting that he's virtue-signalling.

If Gaetz doesn't get his 4 or 5 votes, he will go down as one of the biggest laughing stocks in the Congressional GOP in years. 
Can he wedge off another 4 from the FC?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2023, 05:35:29 pm »
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Every conservative lawmaker I’ve talked to points to the debt limit deal as the moment when trust was broken between McCarthy and conservatives who backed him in January. That lack of trust—not any specific policy item in the CR/shutdown fight—is what paved the way to this afternoon’s vote.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2023, 05:35:59 pm »
If Gaetz doesn't get his 4 or 5 votes, he will go down as one of the biggest laughing stocks in the Congressional GOP in years. 
Can he wedge off another 4 from the FC?

I think he'll get them.  Enough of the "burn it all down" types for that.  It'll at least provide some entertainment.

My guess is to how all this goes down is that if there are eventually enough votes for someone else to be Speaker, that person will refuse to make any promises to Gaetz' crowd.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:38:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2023, 05:38:13 pm »
Nick Sorter
@nicksortor

JUST IN: Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries says "House Democratic leadership will vote YES on the pending Republican motion to vacate the chair" and remove @SpeakerMcCarthy

McCarthy was banking on some support from Democrats in order to maintain his position.

If all Democrats vote in favor of vacating, McCarthy can only afford to lose FIVE Republicans.

Things are NOT looking good for the Speaker.

1:26 PM · Oct 3, 2023

« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:42:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2023, 05:38:34 pm »
The Speaker does not have to be a member of the House.

Maybe so, maybe not.  There are arguments on both sides and, to-date, it has not been resolved:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives#Eligibility_of_non-members

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2023, 05:39:06 pm »
It's Gaetz, not McCarthy, who needs Democrat votes.