Author Topic: Connecticut Limits Number of Handguns Law-Abiding Citizens Can Purchase  (Read 634 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Connecticut Limits Number of Handguns Law-Abiding Citizens Can Purchase

AWR Hawkins 2 Oct 2023

On Sunday, Connecticut’s new gun control limiting the number of handguns a law-abiding citizen can purchase each month went into effect.

NPR reported that State Senate President Pro Tempore Martin Looney (D) praised the new restriction but is not satisfied with it. He “wants to pursue further limits on monthly gun purchases.”

Looney also wants to secure a microstamping requirement in Connecticut.

Breitbart News noted that Maryland dropped its microstamping program in 2015 after trying, unsuccessfully, to solve crimes via microstamping technology for 15 years.

Maryland spent $5 million on the microstamping program, and did not solve any crimes with it.

In addition to limits on the number of handguns law-abiding citizens can purchase each month, Connecticut also placed a ban on the open carry of firearms Sunday.

Connecticut Against Gun Violence’s Jeremy Stein wants Democrats in the state legislature to secure more gun control: “We will not take a break and we cannot stop now, and we will continue to pass life-saving laws until we end gun violence in Connecticut. Our lives depend on it.”

Stein did not say how safety is increased by limiting the number of guns a law-abiding citizen purchases.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/10/02/connecticut-limits-number-handguns-law-abiding-citizens-can-purchase/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Connecticut Limits Number of Handguns Law-Abiding Citizens Can Purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 07:55:08 pm »
I believe VA has had a monthly purchase limit in place for many years as well.  I believe the point to those limits is to frustrate the use of strawmen who purchase weapons for other people who are not legally permitted to own them (such as convicted felons).

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 08:25:37 pm »
 ////00000////

Is it a "handgun" if I use my foot to pull the trigger?

Criminals are still allowed an unlimited number of "handguns".
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 01:06:33 am »
Any chance this will be brought to suit for being unconstitutional ? Does VA actually have this in place? I mean, I can't afford to purchase more than two a month anyways, but still, it is BS if you can and are not allowed to.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 12:12:25 pm »
Any chance this will be brought to suit for being unconstitutional ? Does VA actually have this in place? I mean, I can't afford to purchase more than two a month anyways, but still, it is BS if you can and are not allowed to.

VA limits purchasers to one gun every 30 days.  See Va. Code §18.2-308.2:2(R).  Source:  https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/18.2-308.2:2/