Author Topic: Army Apache helicopter makes emergency landing after striking power lines over Columbia River  (Read 191 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Apache helicopter makes emergency landing after striking power lines over Columbia River
By GARRETT CABEZA
THE SPOKESMAN-REVIEW, SPOKANE, WASH. • September 30, 2023

(Tribune News Service) — An Army AH-64 Apache helicopter made a hard landing after striking power lines over the Columbia River Friday afternoon, sparking a wildfire and causing State Route 243 south of Vantage, Washington, to close, according to the Grant County Sheriff’s Office.

The helicopter, which was stationed at Yakima Training Center, was involved in a training exercise over the river when the aircraft hit Bonneville Power Administration power lines that cross the river between Mattawa and Beverly, said Kyle Foreman, public information officer at the sheriff’s office.

He said the helicopter, occupied by a pilot and copilot, flew another mile before making an emergency landing at about 4:40 p.m. along the shore of the river. The two occupants were uninjured.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2023-09-30/army-apache-helicopter-power-line-strike-11547373.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson