Author Topic: The U.S. Military's Weighty Challenge: 'Skinny-Fat' Recruits  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Military's Weighty Challenge: 'Skinny-Fat' Recruits
« on: October 02, 2023, 05:48:58 pm »

The U.S. Military's Weighty Challenge: 'Skinny-Fat' Recruits
Story by Ben Kesling •
1d

Twice a year a year, all members of the U.S. armed forces must pass a physical fitness test. When tape measures meet bellies, though, things can get complicated.

Can fit people have large waists? Are skinny people automatically in shape? Is it OK to suck in the gut?

These matters have been prompting considerable navel-gazing in the nation’s military, along with such questions as—where should the tape measure even go, and is it the right tool for modern days?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/the-u-s-military-s-weighty-challenge-skinny-fat-recruits/ar-AA1hwgbw
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The U.S. Military's Weighty Challenge: 'Skinny-Fat' Recruits
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 05:50:28 pm »
The real problem is getting enough recruits - period!  Beggars can't afford to be choosy!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson